What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?

Vinnie R.

Re: What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?
« Reply #240 on: 3 Jul 2019, 02:10 am »
Any LIO DHT PRE owner here has a matched pair of the new Western Electric 300Bs from Rossville? Care to post your opinions on their sonic qualities in the LIO DHT PRE?  :drool:

Hi Terence T.,

Good question!  I'm not even sure if they are shipping them yet (their website says "pre order"). 

I spoke with the company owner about getting a pair to use at Axpona, but he wasn't able to make it happen.  Hopefully soon!

I do have a pair of new-in-box Western Electric WE-300B from 2006 (not the Rossville plant) that I am looking forward to listening to soon. 

Vinnie

Terence T.

« Reply #241 on: 3 Jul 2019, 03:21 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

It's a pity, if it is true that they are not shipping out the WE 300Bs yet! I sincerely hope that they will be able to do so from their Rossville factory soon.

I'm so glad to hear that you have a pair of WE 300Bs from 2006... :drool: Do post your views of the WE 300Bs in the L2 PRE and the LIO DHT PRE.

Anyway, where did you manage to get hold of them? Is it very expensive?

Terence

Terence T.

« Reply #242 on: 3 Jul 2019, 03:25 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

It's a pity, if it is true that they are not shipping out the WE 300Bs yet! I sincerely hope that they will be able to do so from their Rossville factory soon.

I'm so glad to hear that you have a pair of WE 300Bs from 2006... :drool: Do post your views of the WE 300Bs in the L2 PRE and the LIO DHT PRE.

Terence

Vinnie R.

« Reply #243 on: 3 Jul 2019, 05:28 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Terence

Hi Terence,

Hopefully what they are producing in Rossville will be shipping soon!

My new-in-box pair of WE300B from 2006 came from an L2 Signature Preamp customer in Europe. 
We worked out a trade.  Used ones seem to be more expensive on ebay than what they are charging
for the pre-order of new Rossville ones!

I also got a new pair of Elrog 300B.

I'll be gathering some more DHTs to add to my collection and will be testing / comparing. 

If I can take a full day off from work just to spend the entire day listening, I'm sure I can pin down
how all the tubes compare. :singing:
Hopefully I will be able to this summer.  There is so much on my plate right now...

Thanks,

Vinnie