How one step back is really several steps forward....

Elizabeth

• Love is all there is....
Recently I replaced all of my audio cables with Pangea AC14XL. (they are on sale).
SO after breaking in I am grumbling.. something is not perfect. I change the amp power cord back to the handmade Furutech plug (28 Rhodium) with DH Labs wire. Better. Still not exactly what  want.
This morning I was using my turntable,, this sound good...
But what is bothering me otherwise...?
Anyway I decided one more back... Putting the Pangea AC9SE Signature back on the Furman REF20 I had there before I bought the AC14XL... Much better..

Added thinking it over.. Both the amp and the Furman 'should' have a 'larger than 14 gauge' power cord anyway...
 The DH Lab wire is 12 gauge. and the AC9SE is 7 gauge. The XL are only 14 gauge.
« Last Edit: 8 Jan 2019, 06:45 pm by Elizabeth »

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
Re: How one step back is really several steps forward....
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2019, 09:04 pm »
   Yes Ga matters. Especially for PC and Amp. Should be at least equal to or greater than wire Ga from outlet [10ga] . We have found that 8Ga works even better. Bigger more open and transparent.
  We use 8ga for amp, PC, 10ga for preamp, phonostage and 14ga for digital. Server though likes 8ga for some odd reason.

charles

Elizabeth

• Love is all there is....
Re: How one step back is really several steps forward....
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2019, 08:33 pm »
After more playing around. I have to say the DH Labs $8/ft wire with Furutech '28' Rhodium plugs is better than the Pangea for both the amp and Furman conditioner at this point in time.
Took a long time to be able to say the Furutech/DH was better. but after three months plus it clearly is true.
The Furutech/DH was not better on the Conrad Johnson than the Pangea XL.. The Pangea XL seem to excel on sources. Not  so much on other bits. (the XL seems 'bright' on the amp and Furman PC)