CDT-10

rustydoglim

Re: CDT-10
« Reply #40 on: 27 Sep 2019, 05:23 pm »

Finally, shipping mid October.
I have confirm next week regarding improvement over CDT-8 Pro.  I am certain that power supply, control (able to select individual track) have improved. Others I need to confirm.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #41 on: 2 Oct 2019, 04:05 am »
 :beer: :eyebrows: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

rustydoglim

« Reply #42 on: 11 Oct 2019, 06:56 pm »
CDT-10 is a redesign of CDT-8 Pro as you can see from the internal photo.  Best in the world.

Product info just published on the website:  https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/cdt-10/
Shipping Oct 18, waiting for manual to be printed. I will upload manual to the product page next week.

maxima95

« Reply #43 on: 12 Oct 2019, 01:55 am »
A little off track, but how is the Ground Screw on the back of the CDT-10 (and the CDT-8) used/connected?

Thanks.

John Casler

« Reply #44 on: 13 Oct 2019, 01:21 am »
Keep your eyes open for CDT-8 Pros that are either being sold or traded to get the CDT-10.

I have a couple coming back soon so check with your dealer.

gab

« Reply #45 on: 14 Oct 2019, 06:28 pm »
Keep your eyes open for CDT-8 Pros that are either being sold or traded to get the CDT-10.

I have a couple coming back soon so check with your dealer.

John - I have a CDT-8 Pro. I saw a reference to a CDT Pro-8 at the Pro-ject RS2 T site ( https://www.project-audio.com/en/product/cd-box-rs2-t/ ) and they mentioned this (bold emphasis mine):

"Being based in Vienna, we are lucky enough that Philips had its development department here, and many CD players and mechanisms were designed here. The gentlemen who were part of this epochal invention are still around, formed in a company called StreamUnlimited. We are proud to say, the pope of the CD player today – Mr. Michael Jirousek, was helping to create this ultimate CD player.
The CD Box RS2 T is the latest development in our line of ultimate top-loading CD transports, built around the StreamUnlimited CD mechanism CD–Pro 8 and servo system CD-84. The CD Box RS2 T takes playing standard Red Book Audio CDs to perfection.
The CD Pro-8 has the servo system directly integrated in its aluminium body. The entire body is suspended on a proprietary anti-vibration system, which allows us to control the level of outside vibrations reaching the insides of the device. The CD mechanism is stabilized and secured, unaffected by external influences."

Is the CD transport in my CDT-8 Pro the same one as mentioned in the Pro-ject snippet above (i.e., is it a StreamUnlimited CD mechanism)? And also which CD mechanism is in the CDT-10? Thanks

gab

Westerwälder

« Reply #46 on: 15 Oct 2019, 04:34 pm »
Hi,
my experiences with project are limited.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=158771.0
The promises were high, but failed because the project drive did not live up to Project's promise.
In my case, that meant 3 times reclamation.
3x project CD box. Threadbare excuses. Manufacturing in Eastern Europe, software problems, etc.
My decision: CDT 8
And since that the best sound ever.

For there is only one increase.
The CDT 10.
But I do not want to judge rashly.

rustydoglim

« Reply #47 on: 17 Oct 2019, 09:25 pm »
I got more information about CDT-10 versus CDT-8 Pro, and just updated the website.

CDT-10 extends the exceptional digital design of CDT-8 Pro with enhanced AC noise filter (inherited from Evolution DAC) and power circuit. But to be considered as the ultimate CD transport, CDT-10 design philosophy is to minimize every possible mechanical vibration. The CDT-10 chassis design has similar structural integrity as a submarine (tubular structure with vertical & longitudinal rigidness) evenly distribute vibration. The transport mechanism is further sandwiched with aluminum plates to reduce vibration.

You will hear the difference.