No activation email

John Wimberley

No activation email
« on: 18 Dec 2018, 09:25 pm »
I have registered (as Johnny W) and requested activation code numerous times but have not received a single email from you yet. When I try to log in it says I need an activation code and I ask for one to be re-sent but still have not received one. I have checked all my mailboxes, including spam.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • All Tweeters look like a target, then shoot them!
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: No activation email
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2018, 09:36 am »
I have registered (as Johnny W) and requested activation code numerous times but have not received a single email from you yet. When I try to log in it says I need an activation code and I ask for one to be re-sent but still have not received one. I have checked all my mailboxes, including spam.
Looks a wrong email address.

John Wimberley

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2018, 07:27 pm »
But it’s not incorrect. I’ve tried re-entering it in the password reminder section, but I get the message that email belongs to a registered member. Right,so I’m registered but not activated, but for some reason I can’t get an activation code sent or re-sent to my address. I’ve tried and re-tried every action available to me. If you can’t offer a solution, I guess I will have to give up on joining audiocircle.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2018, 09:25 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Johnny W

I found your membership as Johnny W still awaiting activation.

I just sent a "reminder" email to activate your membership to the registered email address.

Trying to re-register using the same email address will fail because you already registered successfully, but the activation has not been completed.

Post here if you do not receive my activation reminder email.
Thanks
Rich

John Wimberley

« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2018, 12:14 am »
Hi Rich,
Thanks for your help. I still haven’t received your email. My email is jwimberley@utexas.edu. An alternate is jwimberley@mail.utexas.edu but it is forwarded to the first address. Sorry to include the addresses, but I wonder if we’re somehow dealing with a wrong address. Maybe they can be deleted later. My service has a spam filter, but filtered messages normally end up in my spam folder, and so far nothing from you guys. Anyway, thanks again.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2018, 12:59 am »
Hi John,
Sorry that you didn't receive the activation email. Having a verified email address is required to be a member on AC.

I tested the server email function on myself just now and did receive a password reset email from AC, so I know it is working on our end. It's being filtered somewhere along the way.

I tried to delete the account you created so that you could create it again with that other email domain that you mentioned, or with a gmail account, etc, but I don't have the power to delete user accounts so I will have to escalate this to a higher authority.

I can delete the email addresses from this thread later.

Standby...
Rich

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2018, 03:43 am »
Iam guessing the Texas University server have a filter that is blocking the AC activation email to reach his email end user.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2018, 04:38 am »
John, the server admin asked if you can whitelist the audicircle domain in your email client and/or request audiocircle.com domain be whitelisted by your email network administrator on the UT email server.

The other option is for you to use another email address, like gmail etc  that you could fwd to your UT address.

Please advise, thanks.
Rich

John Wimberley

« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2018, 06:12 am »
Okay, I’ll investigate and get back to you. Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2018, 10:14 am »
Okay, I’ll investigate and get back to you. Thanks
It would be easier you made a new email at Gmail or other free email.