**SOLD**Sumiko S5 Subwoofer by Sonus Faber aka REL T-5 (New Factory Sealed) $449

sean619

This subwoofer is white lacquer and brand new in a factory sealed box. I also have a piano black one that is mint, but I have used it for the last month. I only need to keep one of them for myself and I am happy to sell either color. I bought two, but I am so happy using one that I don't feel the need to have dual subs in my room.

Sumiko is a division of Sonus Faber and Sonus Faber helped design the Rel T-5. I previously owned the REL T-5, so I can tell you the main differences. The Sumiko uses a 150 watt amp and the REL T-5 uses a 125 watt amp. The Sumiko sub is a little heavier and the dimensions are a little larger. The Sumiko has an auto standby mode, the REL T-5 doesn't (only European versions do). When active, the Sumiko swirly logo glows dimly white and the REL T-5 logo doesn't glow. The sound of the two subs is very similar, but the Sumiko plays a little lower and adds a little more weight to the sound. Not sure if this matters to the sound, but the Sumiko sub does come with a much beefier power cord.

I will cover the Paypal fees.
Audiogon user: seanheis1
Will ship to US & Canada
Thanks for looking!

Price: $495 $449

Includes:

32.8 ft Neutrik Speakon© interconnection cable
Power Cable
Owner's Manual

Technical Specs:

Type: Closed Box, down-firing active woofer

Woofer: 1 x (8") very long throw

Amplifier: 150W rms, 250 peak

Active Drive Unit: 8 inch long-throw, steel chassis

Lower Frequency Response: 33 Hz at -6 dB

Input Connectors: Hi Level Neutrik Speakon, Lo Level single phono, LFE phono

Phase Switch: Yes, 0 or 180 degrees

Amplifier Type: Class AB

Dimensions (WxHxD): 11.2x13.2x12.4 inches (Including feet)

Finish: White Lacquer

Weight: 31 lbs – net weight

From the Manufacturer:

The Sumiko S.5 is the evolution of its smaller sibling, the S.0. While still compact, the S.5 gains some overall size to incorporate a larger driver, and provide more substantial bass reinforcement. This mid-sized woofer will be a welcome addition to any two-channel or multichannel system, providing a balance between accuracy and output.

The Sumiko S.5 utilizes a custom, 8-inch, long throw woofer in a cast steel basket, providing an additional 50% greater surface area over the S.0. A high current, 150 watt, Class AB amplifier to delivers thrill and excitement to your music, movie or gaming experience. Combine multiple S.5 units for more even bass distribution and greater impact.

About this unit:
Brand new-in-box Sumiko S.5 Subwoofer, in White Lacquer Finish. Subwoofer comes in factory sealed box, with mains lead, 10m/32.8 ft Neutrik Speakon© interconnection cable, and owner’s manual.

Similar brands: SVS HSU JL Audio Rythmik Sunfire REL

« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2019, 07:45 pm by sean619 »

sean619

bump

sean619

AvsFan

sean619

PM sent

AvsFan

Stereofro

Still Available?

sean619

Hi it is still available. Please message me your zip code so I can provide a shipping quote. Thank you. Sean

sean619

bump

sean619

bumps

sean619

bumpski

sean619

price drop to $449

sean619

sean619

sean619

sean619