Power cables

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Re: Power cables
« Reply #80 on: 29 Dec 2018, 11:21 pm »
You wife is telling you that so you don't have as many excuses to SPEND MORE MONEY in stereo stuff. She can hear better than you it sounds better... She just does not care.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
« Reply #81 on: 30 Dec 2018, 01:05 am »
Mark, you're right , what a voice ! anyways , he pointed out , several times that using small amounts of WD40 was the key. As a lubricant though, when used liberally it can wreck havoc on plastic. Spray silicone is much more benign

The most affective so far is graphene contact enhancer. Both Mad Scientist and PIAudio sell it. NOT a dealer of such. Fills all those valleys and does not migrate.

charles

OzarkTom

« Reply #82 on: 30 Dec 2018, 01:48 pm »
You wife is telling you that so you don't have as many excuses to SPEND MORE MONEY in stereo stuff. She can hear better than you it sounds better... She just does not care.

Actually, she has never cared what I buy. She even let me buy those expensive Zellatons. She is not into this hobby. And she is even a great singer.

sounddog

« Reply #83 on: 30 Dec 2018, 09:38 pm »
Regarding power cables, I found the technical articles posted by Shunyata Research to be very interesting, see https://shunyata.com/technical-articles/. Particularly interesting are the various measurement graphs shown by Shunyata's DTCD (Dynamic Transient Current Delivery) Analyzer (BTW I have no connection to Shunyata, although I do own some of its power cables).

GRACE RUBY

« Reply #84 on: 19 Jan 2019, 06:08 am »
https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a437511.pdf
   If you use pressure (tightness) like a speaker terminal you can screw tight you will increase the area of electron flow by mashing the 2 metals together. Imagine 2 sheets of sandpaper lying face to face on top of each other. Press down on one and its harder to move because the roughness or grit becomes more interlocked. Now think of an RCA jack and the way it contacts a jack. Better than pressure would be soldering.
   You can argue your mega priced cables but the ones that let the most electrons through would seem to me to be the better ones. Maybe that's a measurement we need.....take care...Mark Korda

Hello Mark Korda
your name sounds real familiar. surly your right, contact integrity is a huge issue BUT
I have 2 cardas power cords, the cheap one (180.00?) truly completes the system on my amp, only a worm could not hear the smoothed roughness removed, but at my other house it was zero improvement or need,
I even complained about this dam power cord here at circles a few years ago, but i woefully need it in this new house    :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:  but this is the wire that had the loose (amp end) connection Cardas replaced for free, I never sent it in, long story, but mine is not gonna move around any,* it has a loose connection but incredible difference in smooth.
theres a treatment in that cord, as cardas always does, he's changed something.

GR

*Nails