Bulk speaker wire recommendation: $1-2 bucks per foot

kbuzz3

I just set up some surrounds for my basement 5.1 system and am appalled at the sound of the Amazon basics 16 gage I experimented with.  Figured they were surrounds who needs decent wire...boy was I wrong . CCA wire really does suck.

So can anyone recommend a bulk cable. Need two runs of 25 feet each so need to keep it under two bucks a foot if I can.  And not white colored

Has anyone tried the Monoprice 12 or 14 gauge?   
Audioquest x2?
This Svs cable looks price competitive at 30 bucks for 50 feet...but it may be just rebranded ...https://www.svsound.com/products/soundpath-one-speaker-cable

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

revrob

Re: Bulk speaker wire recommendation: $1-2 bucks per foot
« Reply #1 on: 5 Nov 2018, 03:00 am »
I buy all of my cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Inexpensive and you can even get cut to length with spades or banana plus. Highly recommended.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/index.htm

Charles Calkins

« Reply #3 on: 5 Nov 2018, 07:26 am »

Blue jeans cables. I suggest you buy 12 gauge speaker wire.

Cheers
                                     Charlie

Bob Stark

« Reply #4 on: 5 Nov 2018, 12:26 pm »
kbuzz3,

Look for Acoustic BBQ on Audiogon ads.  Grannyring is a retired VERY experienced audiophile and he makes his own and sells them VERY reasonably.
He prefers the 16 ga. dueland wire over the 12 ga., but he says both are extremely good sounding and not just for the money.  He will make them whatever length you need. 

Elizabeth

• Love is all there is....
« Reply #5 on: 5 Nov 2018, 12:48 pm »
Buy a long ten gauge powercord from a hardware store. Ignore the fact it has three wires. use two. Just cut to length. If you want to be cheaper, buy the 12 gauge version.

mcgsxr

« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2018, 01:11 pm »
I am happy with the in wall rated Monoprice stuff I am using.

A couple of runs of 12/2, some 14/2 and some 14/4.  The in wall rating made me far more comfortable running it behind the walls etc. 

It does have a white jacket though. 

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2018, 02:41 pm »
Buy a long ten gauge powercord from a hardware store. Ignore the fact it has three wires. use two. Just cut to length. If you want to be cheaper, buy the 12 gauge version.
Gee, it's twice in one week, that 'Elizabeth' and I agree on something.
The world is changing.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #8 on: 5 Nov 2018, 03:06 pm »
The Audioquest cheap two leg speaker wire is pretty good for what it is.  I buy the flat, white version for surrounds as it blends in on long runs and fits under carpeting, no adverse effects noticed.  I have tried the power cord option and have never been impressed.  Note the White Lightning recipe calls for one leg on the positive side and two legs tied together for the negative.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #9 on: 5 Nov 2018, 07:24 pm »
It's dosen't matter whether you connect the two conductors to the positive or negative terminal. It's a series circuit.
The total round trip end-to-end resistance stays the same.

Tubeburner

« Reply #10 on: 5 Nov 2018, 08:41 pm »
The Dueland 16ga is better than many high dollar cables. Worth the extra coin, IMO.

johnto

« Reply #11 on: 6 Nov 2018, 12:41 am »
Try KnuKonceptz.com all kinds of interconnect and speaker cables everything you need to diy or pre made if you want.