who can reterminate my Supra Sword speaker cables?

jazzcourier

who can reterminate my Supra Sword speaker cables?
« on: 31 Oct 2018, 12:01 am »
Hello....I am unhappy with my piss poor job of trying to get some banana plugs on these Supra Sword speaker cables. Nobody seems to do this in the Albuquerque area so I am asking anyone with any ideas as to who I can send these to  terminate these and test them. Failure is not an option, other than my failure, which is an option.
My talents lay elsewhere. Any ideas you of the group mind?   Thanks- John in Corrales, NM

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • All Tweeters look like a target, then shoot them!
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: who can reterminate my Supra Sword speaker cables?
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2018, 12:50 am »
Hello....I am unhappy with my piss poor job of trying to get some banana plugs on these Supra Sword speaker cables. Nobody seems to do this in the Albuquerque area so I am asking anyone with any ideas as to who I can send these to  terminate these and test them. Failure is not an option, other than my failure, which is an option.
My talents lay elsewhere. Any ideas you of the group mind?   Thanks- John in Corrales, NM
Connectors are one more link and source of signal loss, do you can connect them bare wire in the speakers borne?.
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2018, 02:51 am by FullRangeMan »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2018, 02:37 am »

I sent you a PM, John.

lokie

« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2018, 12:08 pm »
I have a pair of 3.4's and love them.

Some pictures as to what your dealing w might be helpful. I assume they're a compression strategy. I under stand you want to use the designed Sword connectors, but...

Maybe you could try another connector. Not so sure there is anything special about Supra's connectors... probably not. Lots of good silver (and copper) connectors on Ebay. Put in "CNC silver banana speaker connectors" in Ebay's search engine.

I'm very curious about the Swords. Also been thinking about trying another run of 3.4's since they are so reasonably priced.

S Clark

• measurement? We don't need no stinkin measurement
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2018, 02:27 pm »
You've got a guy in Albuequrque that can terminate them, but he doesn't come around Audio Circle.  You have a PM.

avta

« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2018, 02:28 pm »
Had you tried contacting their N. American distributor?  http://www.sjofnhifi.net

walkern

« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2018, 02:35 pm »
Madisound in Wisconsin sells the various Supra cables (including the Sword) and connectors. You may want to contact them and see if they'd be willing to handle the job (for a fee).

www.madisound.com

Neil

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2018, 03:11 pm »
Try using Bluejeanscable.com locking banana plugs.

They are easy to install with two set screws per conductor and provide very reliable and foolproof speaker wire terminations.

Scroll down to page 3 of the attached file to see the pictured instructions for using them.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/Speaker_cable_termination.pdf

Frank