iFi audio xCAN
KILLER BLUETOOTH. BALANCED COMBO
With every product release, iFi manages to surpass itself, and their latest release, the xCAN, is no exception.
The xCAN is a portable, wireless DAP amp capable of storing eight Bluetooth devices at once while delivering 1000mW of power per channel. And with in-built aptX and AAC Hi-Res streaming via Bluetooth, music has never sounded this clear.
It’s so clever it replaces two previous iFi products in one go, the micro iCAN SE and the nano iCAN.
And by this we don’t just mean the music! Not only can the xCAN be used as a powerful headphone amplifier with smartphones, computers and DAPs, it can also be used at home with your smart TV.
Imagine the scenario. It’s late at night and you feel like watching a film or firing up the Xbox but you don’t want to disturb your other half. Your headphones don’t quite reach from your smart TV to your bed or comfortable place on the sofa.
The xCAN is the answer. Pair the xCAN with your smart TV via Bluetooth, plug your headphones into the xCAN at your side and you are good to go. No more untidy wires! Or problems with short cables!
Got a digital audio player? While the DACs in most high-end DAPs are more than worthy of doing the job, their inbuilt headphone amplifiers often fall short as they lack in power. Give them the boost they deserve with the xCAN. With a 1000mW of power per channel, the difference is there to be heard. Match our power with your player for the perfect combo.
Not happy with your smartphone’s amplification but don’t want wires getting in the way? Simple – plug your headphones into the xCAN, pair it with your phone and pop it into your pocket. No more wires. You are free to use your phone as you wish – to text, to take selfies or to finish that annoying game of Candy Crush – all while listing to your favourite hi-res tunes.
With a pure analogue volume control retaining full-resolution at all volume levels, the xCAN is a significant sonic step up for all smartphones, DAPs computers and TVs.
The 3D+® and XBassⅡ® functions bring both sensitivity and power and the listener will feel the music and lyrics flowing around the room. And it delivers high-end audio quality from both Balanced and S-Balanced outputs.
The xCAN is packed with advanced features, including:
• Dual-mono headphone amplifier with 1000mW of power per channel, which can unleash the full potential of both 32ohm and 600ohm headphones
• Wireless Bluetooth (aptX and AAC) for CD-quality wireless sound
• ESS Sabre DAC with time domain jitter eliminator
• Balanced 2.5mm headphone output deliver high power and all the benefits of balanced connection
• S-Balanced compatible 3.5mm headphone output delivers the benefits of the balanced connection to single-ended headphones
• Advanced Analogue Signal Process (ASP), 3D+® and XBassⅡ® headphone optimisation circuits
• Pure analogue volume control retaining full-resolution at all volume levels
• Large 2200mAh Lithium-Polymer battery providing six-to-eight hours of playing time
STRONG AND MIGHTY
All these features have been packed into a resilient magnesium-aluminium body measuring just 95 x 66.5 x 19mm, just like the xDSD.
And coming in at a weight of just 127g, the xCAN packs a mighty punch without breaking a sweat.
Take a look at the front panel controls (left to right) below:
• 2.5mm TRRS Balanced output
• 3.5mm TRS S-Balanced output
• Stepped attenuator volume control (-95dB...+18dB gain)
• Analogue Domain 3D Matrix/ XBassⅡ® (on/off)
Rear panel controls (left to right)
• 2.5mm TRRS Balanced input (Balanced TRRS wiring ONLY)
• 3.5mm TRS input (compatible with TRS Headphones/IEMs)
• Analogue Domain XBassⅡ® iQ correction (on/off with 3 presets*)
• USB C charging input port (charging only)
*based on the Olive/Welti target response for correct natural sound with Headphones and IEMs.
The xCAN gives audio the boost it needs by cutting background noise and restoring a natural, cleaner sound. Whether listening to the latest chart-topper or much-loved 60’s classic, music never grows old with the iFi xCAN.
The retail price of the xCAN is US$299 (ex-tax) or €349/£299 (incl VAT).