3.5mm to RCA recommendations requested

PeterCapo

3.5mm to RCA recommendations requested
« on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:21 pm »
Looking for a set of male 3.5mm to male RCA interconnects. Would like something that sounds smooth but not rolled-off on top. Cheap is okay. More expensive is also okay as long as it does not get too crazy - maybe up to around $300.

Suggestions?

Thanks.
Peter

rockadanny

Re: 3.5mm to RCA recommendations requested
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2018, 04:47 pm »
I ordered a pair from take 5 audio. I selected their best pair and had them put upgraded connectors. Very happy with them.

avta

« Reply #2 on: 5 Oct 2018, 05:05 pm »
I ordered this one.

SFDude

« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2018, 12:10 am »
Similar to avta, I ordered some sub $10 job from Amazon as well. I figure if you're using a component that has a 3.5mm output jack going to RCAs, you're not looking at a high degree of SQ from the whatever the component you're hooking up.

It would help to know which component you're trying to connect is.

-dave

rockadanny

« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2018, 12:19 am »
These here. Although the 3.5mm tip is already "upgraded" to rhodium, so here ya go:

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/products/1746-tfa-rhodium-35-malerca-upocc-cable-deep-cryo-treated/

avta

« Reply #5 on: 6 Oct 2018, 01:45 am »
Actually I’ll be using this with a Meridian Explorer2 dac which has the ability to convert MQA encoded files. I’ll be connecting it to a Schiit Freya preamp and Vidar amp connected to Joseph Pulsar speakers.

PeterCapo

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2018, 01:45 am »
Thanks to all who responded.  I think I will try using the optical digital output from the TV and see how that goes.

Thanks again.

lokie

« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2018, 01:58 am »
Gotham Audio

kbuzz3

« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2018, 09:34 pm »
i just bought one from one of the members over on audiokarma..very well constructed..he makes them at request....if you want his info let me know...

PeterCapo

« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2018, 09:37 pm »
Thanks.  I've actually been in touch with Gotham recently asking about cables. Keeping options otherwise open.  Any links appreciated. 

lokie

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2018, 10:43 pm »
I have a Gotham 3.5 to 2-RCA and love it. I've had problems w finding a good one that's not too cheap and not too expensive (audiophile type wire)... after all we're talking about midfi application here and the cheap ones had a lot of static and other problems.

Gotham is the largest pro cable company in Europe. They make quality stuff that is well made and not overpriced.

They have a sister company that makes cables out of Gotham wire, here: https://thesoundparcel.co/collections/cables

Nick V

« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2018, 03:26 pm »
I've used the Signal Cable Silver Resolution Reference SilverMini with good results.

I used it from my LH Labs USB DAC into a pair of studio monitors in my desktop system. No hiss or noise like you get with some cheapie cables. They're not cheap, but not crazy expensive either.