Furutech Nano Liquid (gold and silver nanosized particles suspended in Squalene)

Elizabeth

• Love is all there is....
Got in mail today from Japan.
Furutech Nano Liquid. It is a contact enhancer, made of squalene oil with suspended nano sized particles of gold and silver.
First impressions are immediately after applying it only to:
Bryston BP-26 power umbilical (both ends)
Bryston BP-26 power supply cord and IEC end also that powercord prong ends.
Bryston 4B-SST² AC cord plug. The IEC in amp.
And the 7m XLR (Kimber KS1116) both ends connecting the amp and preamp.
Sweeter sounding treble. More detail in low level treble.
Warmer midrange, fuller sounding (which in my system is good/needed)

This is after fifteen minutes. As soon as I finished putting the stuff on I pulled out the laptop and here I am.
Playing CD of Beethoven third Piano Concerto (It happened to be in the machine)
So there is not a lot of bass LOL
I am looking forward to particularly adding the nano liquid to the Phono Cartridge pins, but not now. (I need to be super relaxed so I don't tear off the clips...)

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
Cool. Have not tried it yet. Been fooling with Graphene/squaline mixture. Like the gold/silver combo. Never liked any of those paste enhancers, oil is good.  Have fun trying.

charles

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
$180 retail, wow.  Around $100 on Amazon and eBay, but still.  A little checking shows you could make your own.  Did you get a good price ordering from Japan?  We used to put mineral oil on our connectors so I believe it could work.  And I think I have some gold paste stuff from the way back somewhere, I'll have to look for it.

On a downer note squalene oil is from shark livers, if that kind of thing makes a difference for you.

Elizabeth

Bought via US Amazon, but shipped from Japan. $100.99 (added: There are Graphene contact enhancers, They are up to $300 for an even smaller bottle! I stuck with a major manufacturer, instead of 'some guy in his garage' brand. Just sayin'.)
I was slightly concerned about the long distance. But it only took about 20 days to arrive. (air mail) And since it is Amazon, I felt pretty safe buying it.

I have been adding more to various things... outside speaker connections, and amp end. The amp end connectors needed cleaning!
Did the Kuzma TT PS and the connector to the motor. More RCA all around.
The TV end of the over the air antenna connector.
With more listening I have to confess since I started doing the Furutech duplex additions, I have not been 'happy' with the sound. It was good, OK, great even, but NO 'goosebumps' quality. Well, with the Nano Liquid, the goosebumps are back.

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
Yeah, that's the price I saw on Amazon and eBay, why the extra dollar over the hundred I don't know, but it appears as the price with free shipping everywhere.  While I don't doubt the efficacy of the product, I'm always railing against the prices charged for these things.  Questions I have are what size of nano particles, commercially available from 5nm to over 300nm, and will synthetic squalene oil, or other light oils, work as well.  I suppose Google is my friend here, I'll see if there's any info on it.  Glad you got the magic back.

Elizabeth

The official product blurb says: "The particle diameter is 8 Nm Max., i.e. 8/1,000,000mm"

Mike B.

Just a word of warning about these coatings including paste types. I have seen photos posted by a tube amp/preamp manufacture of tube sockets completely destroyed by the combination of coating and heat.

Elizabeth

Agree about NOT using the stuff on tube pins! Just too much heat.  :nono:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
The official product blurb says: "The particle diameter is 8 Nm Max., i.e. 8/1,000,000mm"

Cool, at least you're getting the expensive stuff.  As common sense would have it the smaller the particle the higher the price.  And I would imagine the smaller particles would have the most efficacy.  In a quick Google yesterday I didn't see any gold/silver blends that small, so it might be a good deal more expensive to acquire.

Elizabeth

After a day, I think the Nano liquid is like other contact enhancers, just a trace is best. I think I used too much on each connection. I think the better application is brush on, and wipe off gently. So only a near invisible amount is left. not a lot.
Same as Caig Deoxit Gold.
Added... I gently wiped off a variety of the connections. Speaker fuses, a few AC plugs. The stuff is still liquid after 12/18 hours.. Not 'cleaning' off the connections, just wiping the excess off.
Still have the added detail. I am listening to Beethoven Sixth Symphony at tiny volume levels (it is still too early to play louder) and the detail is great.
Yesterday evening I laid down in the bedroom, and the detail was so clear in there from the living room music.. low level detail way better than it used to be.
All of the recent add-ons contribute to this. The new AC duplex, and the Nano liquid.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2018, 01:34 pm by Elizabeth »

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
I have this and progold. People usually use WAY TOO MUCH of this kind of thing. I generally use it to prevent corrosion at terminations. Basically, if you can see oil coverig something it's too much, gently wipe it off.

Never use anything on tube pins unless it's made for it. 

Also, Amazon and Ebay are BOTH full of fake stuff. The counterfeiters are getting REALLY GOOD at what they do. Sometimes, it's actually made at the same factory, maybe to lesser standards, and moved out the back door so you really can't tell. I've seen this with many items including sunglasses. And they've wised up on pricing too so it's no longer "too good to be true".

You know what is too good to be true? People selling stuff at cost. Just something to think about...

I can also tell you Furutech is fanatical about not allowing their products to be sold on ebay or amazon, if you do you won't last long. Almost everything Furutech on those sites is fake.

jtwrace

Also, Amazon and Ebay are BOTH full of fake stuff.
Yep.  I bought a Samsung SSD from them.  It failed and when I tried to get it covered under warranty by Samsung I was told it wasn't a USA spec SSD.  When I contacted Amazon, at first didn't want to cover it then when I sent them the email from Samsung they suddenly did cover it.  It's an issue everywhere.  It was even sold by "Samsung".  Someone told me that stock probably ran low in the USA so they did whatever they had to do to meet the demand. 

Elizabeth

Difference between fake and 'not authorized for sale in USA'.
Most warranty is covered by the distributor agreement. 100% they will never cover 'grey market' goods.
I already knew my purchase is grey market. I am not worried about it (being fake) after seeing the product. If DaveC113 wants to worry about it for me, well... feel free to do so.
Furutech even has a warning against buying any of their products from Hong Kong, or Alibaba.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
  Just FYI the Graphene mixture we used does not come from someones garage. We received a sample from the Mad Scientist Co. in New Zealand.
  He advises using very little as well. He recommends using cotton balls to soak up the oil and leave a very thin layer. We have noticed a deadening on sound using too much.
  If one looks at the connectors under a microscope one would see valleys, lines limiting a smooth contact. with the Nano fluid or graphene liquid those voids are filled making better contact.
  Both VG products if instructions are followed.

charles