Pure Audio Project Trio15 Horn1 Speakers with cable upgrades! SALE PENDING

misterclean

Sale pending...

I have had these speakers a grand total of two days, long enough to assemble, set them up, and have my wife inform me that there is no way these will work in our living room. I think they look really cool, but she has veto power and so my experiment with this speaker technology will end abruptly. Too bad, because the sound is as every bit as astonishing as all the reviews and user comments promise. The clarity is spellbindingly real, and the bass is far better than I expected. These babies have all the nuance and finesse you can imagine, but can also rock!

They are very friendly to listening space and very easy to sound good. High efficiency 96db and 8ohm, goes down to 29Hz and doesn't need room treatment to sound its best. The original owner removed his corner bass traps and second reflection point absorption to unleash their full potential. I do not have any real room treatment in my living room, and they sound great in it.
There are many glowing reviews online. One of the best deal right now in speakers. They punch way above their class. It comes with Verastarr Silver/Gold foil for the horn driver and Duelund 12ga (I also have additional duelund 16ga) for the bass drivers. These internal cables cost more than $700. If you consider the cost of the speakers and the upgraded cabling, this is just a phenomenal deal on a pair of reference speakers.

Buyers pays shipping. Local pickup from western North Carolina is the best option as there are quite a few number of heavy boxes to ship. I will ship and will ask no more and accept no less than real shipping charges. If you can arrange to pick them up, you can also avoid having to assemble them!

Review:

"The Trios wide dynamic range makes it easy to achieve high SPLs with minimal power, but it also makes for engaging low level listening. These are one of the most exciting speakers I’ve had the pleasure of listening to at low volume levels, making them perfect for someone living in a condo or apartment situation."

"The highest compliment I can pay the PureAudioProject speakers is that I purchased the review pair and will be using them as a permanent reference speaker in room two. I’ve never had this much sheer fun with a pair of speakers."

- Jeff Dorgay, ToneAudioPublications

"I have been pinching and kicking myself for the past several weeks as I have been romancing the Horn-1; pinching myself to see if this is not an illusion, that the experience is as magical as I’m hearing, and kicking myself because I have been a reviewer for more than 12 years and only now I’m relishing lower power/HE in a big way. "

"I have several iterations with the Horn-1 to explore, but already the few configurations I have assembled would quality as most ardent audiophiles’ end game masterpiece."

"When I listen to the Horn1 my ears tell me it is one of the finest sounds to grace my listening room regardless of the “ethnicity” of the speaker, that is, the technology employed. That is one of the highest complements I have ever paid a speaker in 12 years of reviewing. It offers an absolute lock on value for the dollar to the purchaser."

- Doug Schroeder, Dagogo

" They have the open presentation of planars, but retain the impressive dynamics of traditional horns. The horns and bass drivers are mated perfectly for an engaging lifelike presentation. They have the added capability of switching out components in the crossover to tailor the sound to your liking."

- Paul L. Schumann, EnjoyTheMusic
http://www.tonepublications.com/review/pure-audio-project-trio-15-horn/
https://www.dagogo.com/pureaudioproject-trio15-horn1-speaker-review/
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1217/PureAudioProject_Trio15_Horn1_Open_Baffle_Speaker_Review.htm
More information:
http://www.pureaudioproject.com/trio15-horn-open-baffle-speakers/
Technical Data
================
Sensitivity: 94 to 96db (in a typical room)
Nominal Impedance: 8ohm
Frequency Range: between 29 to 32hz – 19Khz (in a typical room)
Woofers: PAP exclusive OB-A15Neo
Horn1:
extended Polymer 1.4″ compression tweeter
47cm x 23cm custom-made wood horn
Crossovers: (manufactured by Mundorf in Germany)
Option1 : Leonidas Crossover, Trio15 Horn1 configuration
Option 2: Audiophile-grade two way XO
No notch filters
Bi-amping option available
Main Capacitor (in serial to the horn) is interchangeable
Horn SPL is adjustable by gold plated jumper selecting four high resolution audiophile-grade resistors
Horn finishing, Gloss White Baffle and Wood horn
Woofers Baffles Finishing Options, see Trio15 Product Line
Size: W:54cm H:116cm D:27cm | W:21.25″ H:46.67″ D:10.63″
Weight: 37kg/speaker | 81.6lbs/speaker
« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2018, 05:51 pm by misterclean »