Super 7 Flat Packs.....

Captainhemo

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #60 on: 5 Sep 2018, 09:23 pm »
Yup,   I did that intentionally.  thought it would  look good.

jay

ebag4

« Reply #61 on: 5 Sep 2018, 11:44 pm »
Hey Jay, from your renderings on the first page it appears that the baffle sits in front of the top of the H frame.  If you are using the same baffle for the complete speaker as you are the top section alone, it seems I could  remove 1”(? ,the thickness of the H frame top)  from the bottom of the baffle and still maintain the same distance from the top of my H frame to the bottom NEO 10 assuming I don’t install a bottom in the top section :scratch: :duh:.  If you can understand what I am attempting to ask, do you agree or am I missing something?  I’m trying to keep the height to a minimum.

Thanks,
Ed

Captainhemo

« Reply #62 on: 6 Sep 2018, 02:23 am »
Hey Ed,
Yup,  that is  correct.  I didn't  want a  seam  on the fron face of the   complete Super 7  speaker, it's better  for the full blown  S7 to have it  behind where it is out of sight and not a   PItA to deal with. Also eliminates the  chance of it possibly showing up  down the road in some gorgeous paint.

You could  do   exactly  what  you're saying if you don't mind having the  seam, dealing with it, and   having it possibly show  in  the future. Or,  you  could simply  make  it a reveal betweenthe  bottom of the baffle and top of the  H-frames with a small radius or bevel if you  prefer. 

One thing to  remember is that there isn't  a ton of room below the bottom   Neo10 (rear side),  I tried hard to keep the  tweeter  at  lower  height than the original S7's so space was utalized.  I'm  only using a  1" top plate onthe  sub section... if you  used a 1.5"  top plate on  your subs,   there'll end up being    .5"  less  that  what  you  see in the   model pics

jay

ebag4

« Reply #63 on: 7 Sep 2018, 12:38 am »
Thanks Jay, I believe I can make that work.

Best,
Ed