Super 7 Flat Packs.....

Tyson

Re: Super 7 Flat Packs.....
« Reply #100 on: 28 Nov 2018, 04:26 pm »
Badass!  Those look just like my babies :)  Nice work. 

Do you already own Super 7s?  If not, will you get a chance to hear them?  IME, once people hear the Super 7 it pretty much spoils you forever :P 

Captainhemo

« Reply #101 on: 28 Nov 2018, 06:01 pm »
Badass!  Those look just like my babies :)  Nice work. 

Do you already own Super 7s?  If not, will you get a chance to hear them?  IME, once people hear the Super 7 it pretty much spoils you forever :P

No,  I have the  original pair of NX-Otica's that I'm  extremely fond of.  And no,  I have not  heard the  Super 7's  .... yet .
I think the  two speakers  will be   very similar in some regards although each will have it's advantages,  Danny has commented on this publically a couple of times.    One huge  advantage of the  Super 7's  to me is the  single foot print as compared to the Otica's  and a  pair of  dual/triple subs.
Might have to   let the Otica's go to help build out a pair of these  and give them a shjot :(

jay

Tyson

« Reply #102 on: 28 Nov 2018, 06:40 pm »
One other cool thing about the Super 7s you can do that I've not really heard on many other large speakers - nearfield listening.  I've now got mine set up about 6 feet from my listening position, and the mid/tweeter integration is so good, so seamless, that it still perfectly integrates, even at that close range.

The result?  From a clarity/transparency standpoint, it's almost like wearing reference level headphones.  If the headphones had a massive room filling soundstage, along with crushing bass that punched you in the chest!

Captainhemo

« Reply #103 on: 28 Nov 2018, 07:35 pm »
Here is the monitor version  with a  base that is located between the  wings via a couple of dowels in each wing. Left it  simple so folks who don't  want  something  more abstract aren't left out.... if people want tsomething more, they can easily modify  the included bases to  something  that  suits them.

Here a couple   with  the front  grill frame/cloth in place

From front of wing to  rear of  base is just shy of 14"  ( depth of a  dual sub cab with no overhang).
Hang  on for pricing,   I'll  notify when I can

jay