Evolution One review

sresener

Re: Evolution One review
« Reply #60 on: 15 Jun 2019, 06:04 pm »
Arlequen
Congratulation on your purchase of Ref 20, they are indeed excellent and will break in a bit more over time manifested mainly as more relaxed. And yup, the Evos are better but in a way that you will not feel you are missing anything  unless you hear them side by side, in my option having owned both and still having the Evos.

I just turned my evo amplifiers on this morning. I have found every amp breaks in different. What can I expect from break in with the evo's. Does there bottom end change much? will they handle vocals differently?

gammajo

« Reply #61 on: 15 Jun 2019, 07:51 pm »
I am not sure of break in, the pair I purchased were dealer demos and had been played for awhile. About all I noticed after I had them  was that they became a bit more relaxed as the hours passed, but sounded excellent from day one. Hope this helps

sresener

« Reply #62 on: 15 Jun 2019, 10:10 pm »
My pair of amps changed dramatically from cold and first turn on, to only after a few hours of being played.  Thank goodness as at first I was very concerned. :)

sresener

« Reply #63 on: 23 Jun 2019, 02:55 am »
Well I Let the system burn in for a week and tonight I have a good chance to sit and just listen.

Now when I say I enjoy a lot of different music I really do mean it, I enjoy music from the eagles to Conway twitty to metallica to elvis to lady gaga to Fleetwood mac to maroon 5 to dianna kraul to Mark knoffler to dr hook to iron maiden to disturbed. (im all over the map)

Tonight I was just enjoying songs ALOT more than I can ever remember and kept thinking to myself "why do I think I need new speakers"

Now I remember when I first connected my mchk38 and it was such a improvement over my emotiva amps. Yes I lost a lot of raw power but I gained dynamics and detail, it was like comparing a low bit rate mp3 to a cd.

So I decided to warm up the mch-k38 and sit and listen to it.....

First I was greeted with a haze on everything, its hard to describe and I didn't notice it before but It smacks me in the face "ears" now.
There was more bottom end but it was considerably more boomy and uncontrolled (compared to the evo),
Details in mid to high frequencies are greatly reduced.
Even though the k38 lacked details it made my speakers considerably more harsh with higher frequencies.
The evolution amps effectively did to the mch-k38 what it did to my emotiva amps

I am enjoying what im hearing so much that I will now leave my two channel system as it is and figure out a second theater system  to run separately.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2019, 03:56 am by sresener »

gammajo

« Reply #64 on: 23 Jun 2019, 01:18 pm »
sresener
Thanks for reporting, it is very wonderful when we get to experience such a dramatic change for the better - enjoy your Evolutions!. Just got back from listening to a well set up (a very expensive) top of the line Esoteric and JR Rowland system in a well treated room and liked my home system with the Evos better.

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
« Reply #65 on: 24 Jun 2019, 09:18 am »
Removed, out of topic. Sorry