Quick Product Poll! Tube Buffer with Volume Control?

Cheese-burger and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 2697 times.

paul79

Re: Quick Product Poll! Tube Buffer with Volume Control?
« Reply #60 on: 13 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm »
Yes please. Add me. I also wouldn't mind evaluating it, and maybe help tune it if that is possible? I don't claim to be the end all or highest on the audio pedestal. I really do not want to come off that way, but do have a good idea of what I like and expect in a component. Ask Richard Colburn about me. He knows me quite well.

Speakers: Joseph Audio Pearl 3's
DAC: Totaldac Twelve MK2
Totaldac Server
Accuphase amps
Sutherland Line Stage
Room is big and treated nicely.
Zenwave for all analog
WyWires power cables

Looks great in there by the way!

modwright

« Reply #61 on: 13 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm »
Will do! If you shoot an email to: modwright@yahoo.com, I will be sure that Kristin adds you to the list and you will be contacted when we have product to demo.

At this point, I am moving forward with the design.

Thanks,

Dan

modwright

« Reply #62 on: 23 Jan 2019, 10:42 pm »
OK guys, I am moving forward with the design for the 'Analog Bridge' tube buffer.

I have a lot going on right now, so be patient, but I do believe this product 'has legs'. I am working on an enclosure design and the first product will be RCA in and out, one set of inputs, probably two sets of outputs. No volume control. It will be a buffer/impedance matcher with very low distortion, wide bandwidth tube circuit. It can be used between any source with built in volume control, straight to your amp. It can also be used between any passive preamp/attenuator and amp.

The two things that this product will bring to any system, is the 3-D body and weight of tubes as well as an excellent impedance match to your amps. With an ouptut impedance of < 100 ohms, it is ideal for this purpose.

Target price is $750 with (2)6dj8/6922/7308 tubes.

Once the initial design is out and I see how it is received, I will look at the following options:

XLR outs.
Volume control (w/bypass)
Multiple inputs.

I want to start with the simplest and cleanest design concept first to prove its worth and success.

Thanks,

Dan W.

paul79

« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 06:11 am »
Excited about this! Any news?

modwright

« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 04:46 pm »
I'm sorry but I have been been buried recently, finishing two integrated amps and a new tube mod for the Pioneer LX-500. The amps are debuting at Axpona in April and I am buried. I have not forgotten this project!

Thanks for your patience,

Dan

jriggy

« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 05:02 pm »
Good. Yes, don’t forget about it :)  a MWI tubestage to throw between a passive and amp would be cool.

modwright

« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 05:09 pm »
I really just need to design an enclosure and the rest is good!

I will get this done after I send off the order for PCBs and other materials to mfg for the two integrated amps.

Thanks,

Dan