Our newly announced firmware v5.30 is MQA capable and in one fell swoop, elevates legacy iFi products* with MQA capability for even more sonic enjoyment.
The MQA integration was a little difficult. It involved:
i. Totally replacing the customised core code
ii. Re-apply tuning/core loading and
iii. Further fine tuning the firmware for even more precise allocated resource use in order to allow us to support MQA and 384kHz.
To bring all this to fruition required the combined efforts of the MQA and iFi software developers or a total of +1,000 programming hours to deliver firmware v5.30 (excluding testing on all iFi legacy units).
Notwithstanding, there may still be one or two software bugs we have not quashed – hence we would like to involve you, the customer – in the Easter Bug Hunt.BUG BOUNTY
The prize for the FIRST person to report each UNIQUE bug (this involves filing a formal bug report, see next)iEMatch (choice of 3.5mm or 2.5mm) BUG REPORT PROCEDURE
1. Open ticket: http://support.ifi-audio.com/
2. Provide full system configuration incl s/w and patch versions
3. Description of the bug and HOW to replicate it
4. Our tech team will then replicate and verify
5. Customer must be contactable so that we can liaise (if we cannot replicate we may be in touch via the support ticket)
Note: iFi reserves the right to decide if a bug is genuine/unique. Its decision is full and final.
We wish all our customers the best of luck with the bug hunt!
For more info on our MQA Firmware v5.30 Cookies and Cream go to: https://ifi-audio.com/audio_blog/mqa-firmware/
*The only exception is the original iDAC.