Amplifiers with IcePower 1200AS2, class D module

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
Re: Amplifiers with IcePower 1200AS2, class D module
« Reply #200 on: 15 May 2018, 08:51 am »
Now we have a poweramp with Z(w) and traditional speakers with Phase < 45 degree. A new variable.

I would like a poweramp without harmonics too. The harmonics, if I want, from preamp (SE topology: H2 predominant).

If you add harmonics, worse, H3 harmonics, we have a new variable in the sound quality. PS Audio M700 with the own buffer (H3 predominant, and very noisy too -buffer, PSU or both) and IcePower 700AS2.

I want less variables in que equation! Poweramp with real output impedance (R) and without harmonics.

JohnR

« Reply #201 on: 15 May 2018, 10:07 am »
P = Vdc*Vdc / Z

It seems that you are somehow conflating the load impedance with the output impedance. They are very different. Refer to this diagram - the 1200AS2 graph of output impedance (in magnitude and phase form) that you keep (erroneously) referring to is the voltage/current relationship across Zg only.

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #202 on: 15 May 2018, 10:18 am »
The question is/was always the same.

The poweramp, like many others things, is as a black box system. You can emulate/modeling it based on the output measurements vs the inputs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_box

I say that if IcePower answered my email or wrote a note or ... it would be clear to everyone.

The question I asked is simple: which is the graph of the output impedance phase of the 1200AS2 class D module?

Why they do not give signs of life?

JohnR

« Reply #203 on: 15 May 2018, 10:55 am »
The question I asked is simple: which is the graph of the output impedance of the 1200AS2 class D module?

:o

maty

• Nauscopio Scipiorum
« Reply #204 on: 15 May 2018, 11:04 am »
Output phase.

nc42acc

« Reply #205 on: Yesterday at 05:50 pm »
Dropped in my Nord 1200AS in place of my Hattor NC500 based mono amps. Out of the gate the 1200 throws a spectacular soundstage, left, right, front, back and up. Very 3D and airy sounding with almost exaggerated detail. Sounding a little thin but it is early. It does some amazing things and is a very initial WOW sounding amp.

A crazy contrast I thought about as I carried the Nord in the house under one arm. I remember needing a hand truck and some serious heave ho to get my Parasound A21 in the house. Maybe this is why it sounds a little thin 

richidoo

« Reply #206 on: Yesterday at 07:12 pm »
Congrats on your new amp Marty! My 1200AS2 sounded a little off when brand new, it will improve some. My speakers dip to 2.9ohms, just a tad under the minimum allowable impedance for ICEedge, making it possible to get 1400 watts out of ICEedge if my voice coils and ears could take it. I would never need that much, but I like having that power reserve, as it dowses my amp anxiety. I never worry about the amp clipping or distorting, or breaking anymore. When I first got it I observed my programmed reactions from years of using small DIY amps that whenever music played low and loud, I would tense up and listen for problems instead of relax and enjoy the music. I'm very satisfied with the tone quality too, and that's saying something for me.  Small, light and cool too!   I almost bought a decade old Edge amp a week before I got this, so glad I waited.