who can compare M4 vs M3 vs X2?

uberwaltz

Re: who can compare M4 vs M3 vs X2?
« Reply #20 on: 14 Apr 2020, 04:36 pm »
M3 TM owner here.
Moved to these from Maggies and what a revelation
The maggies were great in my system, the M3..... OFF THE CHARTS!
I actually have mine tilted toward me ever so slightly and it did indeed appear to sound better in my room
YMMV

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #21 on: 14 Apr 2020, 07:14 pm »
  They are ALL wonderful speakers. Room size and budget will determine which one to own. Me the X-2 in my sights.

charles

Shakeydeal

« Reply #22 on: 14 Apr 2020, 08:55 pm »
I’ve heard more than one person say that unless you like the aesthetics of the modular design, the X3 is the better speaker. I can’t say, but I’d like to hear the x2.

Shakey

Wind Chaser

« Reply #23 on: 14 Apr 2020, 09:03 pm »
M3 TM owner here.
Moved to these from Maggies and what a revelation

Which maggies did you own?

joc3721

• Departure Audio
« Reply #24 on: 16 Apr 2020, 10:43 pm »
I've had X2's for over a year. I can't compare them to other spatial models as I've only heard them briefly at shows.  But the X2's are great.  They pretty much do it all.  Big sound, full range, smooth and detailed.  A big factor for me with the X2's was the modularity.  Makes it much easier to handle them.  I'm getting too old for large, mega weight speakers.  The roughly 45 lb. X2 modules are enough. Unfortunately, I need to let them go soon as I'm losing my listening room (to spouses hobby, I lost).  but I would recommend them highly to anyone.  I've owned many speakers in their price range, they are more than competitive.