Sneak peak at the RAM CD

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« on: 8 Mar 2003, 04:20 am »
Below is a sneak peak at the Response Audio RAM CD player. I will post finished PICS on my website when we have the covers done and custom aluminum tube "canopy" done. Maybe late next week??

Marbles

Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2003, 02:12 pm »
Do you have pricing on it yet?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #2 on: 8 Mar 2003, 04:28 pm »
Introductory pricing on this player is $1,150 with the variable output (shown on above PIC) adding $75.
   I am thinking about lowering the introductory price to $1,050. For those who have already ordered one of these players and see this mentioning, YES, I will be adjusting the price on your orders as well.  
For current owners of the Music Hall CD-25, the price to send it in for the RAM mod will be $600 but will not include the tube cover or tubes. Those who are ordering the CD-25 stock package will be receiving a discount should they decide to send their unit in for the RAM mod.
  There are further details of the circuitry design of this player on my wesite.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2003, 10:49 am »
Bill:

I'm having problems using your website (the icons on the left side don't fill in, so I can only travel from the home page to where ever the home page photos are "active".

(Would love to find out more about the RAM CD player.)

jeff

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2003, 02:24 pm »
Strange! Maybe due to some windows programs. I will look into it. Till then, try the link below. Im not good at inserting links so you may need to capy and paste.

Keep in touch if you have any questions

[/url]http://www.responseaudio.com/RA CD M.htmhttp://

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2003, 11:29 pm »
Thanks Bill, I'm planning to attend MAF and listening to all the RAM stuff possible.

jeff

MaxxC

Website
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2003, 10:39 pm »
Bill I have the same problem as JLM.    Left side does not have any images and nothing to click on.     Don't think this is Windows or server related.    Had the same problem with the new Windows and Windows 98 also on both Earthlink and AOL.

Best Wishes   Maxx

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #7 on: 1 Apr 2003, 03:17 pm »
Thanks for the update. I did some checking on different computers and noticed that on some, the side bar links would be empty. They would show when the cursor was over them. Odd! :?:
  This site is in need of a revamp and will be redone in the following weeks eliminating the side bar.
  I will have to check with my web provider to see why PICs come through so distorted at times.  :bawl:
  Till them, please bare with me and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

OlgaShesterneva

Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2003, 05:20 pm »
There're some settings for browser that should be changed to fix that... I could post a solution, just don't want to go into too much technical details on somewhat unrelated subject...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #9 on: 2 Apr 2003, 05:22 pm »
I just got rid of the side bar for now. Went with a different setup. Actually just finished a few minutes ago. Let me know if it works better for you now.
  Thanks again.

dogberry

Only Silver?
« Reply #10 on: 2 Apr 2003, 07:44 pm »
It looks cool with the tubes, that's for sure.  Does the unit come in black or only silver/aluminum?

Is all the gain from the tubes alone?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Sneak peak at the RAM CD
« Reply #11 on: 2 Apr 2003, 07:49 pm »
Hi Dogberry,
  Yes, at this time it is only available in Silver.

We have bypassed the output stage of the player and all gain does now come from the Class "A" tube stage with ZERO feedback for a smoother presentation.

I am also working have this player available with the tubes contained within the chassis. I have to work out the heat situation as these tubes run as hot as KT88 power tubes. I hope to have something togther within the next few weeks. I will keep my site updated.