randytsuch

Re: Let's Go Dodgers!!!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2017, 05:00 am »
Damn, tough way to lose.

I was sure they would win that game

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2017, 11:05 am »
wow, what a great game. Never thought the Dodgers bullpen would have collapsed like that.

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2017, 06:36 pm »
I was so sure the Dodgers would win that I turned it off and went to bed!

Going to be an excellent weekend of baseball!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2017, 11:06 am »
Well, we're down to a one game World Series tonight.

Go Dodgers!!!

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2017, 01:14 pm »
You got your wish, Jerry. They went.
I lost interest in following baseball a long time ago. There are too damn many games. Hasn't anybody noticed the the most popular spectator sport is the one that plays the fewest games? With just 16 games per season, NFL fans understand that every game has a very noticeable effect on the final playoff selection. While it can be argued that any one of the 162 games in the baseball season was the difference maker in playoff selection, it is very difficult to muster much impetus to sit in the sun at Coors field in July when the temp might well exceed 100 degrees and 161 other games could be the difference maker instead. 

Emil

« Reply #6 on: 2 Nov 2017, 01:31 pm »
You got your wish, Jerry. They went.
I lost interest in following baseball a long time ago. There are too damn many games. Hasn't anybody noticed the the most popular spectator sport is the one that plays the fewest games? With just 16 games per season, NFL fans understand that every game has a very noticeable effect on the final playoff selection. While it can be argued that any one of the 162 games in the baseball season was the difference maker in playoff selection, it is very difficult to muster much impetus to sit in the sun at Coors field in July when the temp might well exceed 100 degrees and 161 other games could be the difference maker instead.

+1
Moreover, last nights game lasted 4 hours!

Great series. Haven't watched a baseball game for all 9 innings in a very long time.

One last thing. Stop with the "World Champion" nonsense.  :duh:

randytsuch

« Reply #7 on: 2 Nov 2017, 02:36 pm »
To me, very disappointing game 7.  Dodgers stranded way too many runners, so were never able to get close.

But if we have to lose, I am glad it was to Houston, they need this.

soundbitten1

« Reply #8 on: 2 Nov 2017, 03:41 pm »
Baseball is just another form of entertainment, not life or death. Let's treat it like that. Don't believe all the hype and drama the televison announcers try to build up.

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #9 on: 2 Nov 2017, 03:49 pm »
The moment The Houston team showed up on ORANGE jerseys.. I knew something was up with them. The L.A. team had no chance.
The first six games all white and grey. Then eye popping orange.

Of the series, game FIVE was the winner
Makes me realize the whole game needs to be altered to stop the pitchers complete dominance of the game. As it is, with great pitchers, the game becomes like watching paint dry. When the pitchers are weak, and tired, then the game 'comes alive' with plenty of exciting action. (like game 5)
So Baseball.. wake up

dB Cooper

« Reply #10 on: 2 Nov 2017, 08:05 pm »
Stopped following baseball the year they introduced the playoff format. That year, I remember pitchers in the World Series brushing snowflakes out of their face and thinking "Wait a minute, isn't this supposed to be a summer game?" Not only is the season way too damn long (a problem made much worse by the playoff system), the system changed the meaning of the Series completely, becoming nothing more than the final round of playoffs. Haven't watched a game since.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #11 on: 3 Nov 2017, 01:15 am »
Yeah, it sucks the Dodgers lost.  :(  Congrats to the Astros!  :beer:

As far as the Series goes, this one was pretty fun. Here are the numbers for the records set:

3 – First Game 7 where both starters failed to go three innings;

4 – Hit-by-pitches by Astros starter Lance McCullers Jr. in Game 7;

4 – Consecutive games with a home run by Series MVP George Springer;

5 – Home runs by Springer, tying Reggie Jackson (1977) and Chase Utley (2009);

14 – Players who hit at least one home run;

17 – Strikeouts by Dodgers first baseman Cody Bellinger;

25 – Total home runs hit between the two clubs;

29 – Total bases by Springer, which includes eight extra base hits.

The best byline story though is the June, 2014 Sports Illustrated cover story. Not only does it introduce the Astros as 2017 Series Champions, but the photo is of Series MVP George Springer.  :o