Integrated amp recommendations for M3 Turbo S?

James Edward

Re: Integrated amp recommendations for M3 Turbo S?
« Reply #120 on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:53 pm »
Hi, it’s the L-590AX Mark ll. 30 wpc Class A Integrated.
I should add that imaging and soundstage are low on my list of priorities,
with tonality and the ability to play loudly being more important to me. Hence
my ability to say I like the speaker with only a single one playing in mono.
Two speakers at the same time should really be the icing on the cake.
Interestingly, both speakers left Utah and one headed east, the other in a more
southerly fashion. It’s in Virginia as I write this.
BTW, is the owner’s manual online somewhere? A cursory look at the Spatial site
turned up nothing. I’d like it for tomorrow’s arrival so I have some positioning tips.
Maybe it’s in the other box...

rebbi

« Reply #121 on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:55 pm »
Hi, it’s the L-590AX Mark ll. 30 wpc Class A Integrated.
I should add that imaging and soundstage are low on my list of priorities,
with tonality and the ability to play loudly being more important to me. Hence
my ability to say I like the speaker with only a single one playing in mono.
Two speakers at the same time should really be the icing on the cake.
Interestingly, both speakers left Utah and one headed east, the other in a more
southerly fashion. It’s in Virginia as I write this.
BTW, is the owner’s manual online somewhere? A cursory look at the Spatial site
turned up nothing. I’d like it for tomorrow’s arrival so I have some positioning tips.
Maybe it’s in the other box...

I received my PDF of the owners' manual via email from Clayton after placing my order, but he may be distributing it differently now. I'd ask him.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #122 on: 19 Jun 2018, 10:16 pm »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #123 on: 19 Jun 2018, 10:20 pm »
Hey James,

If you send me a private message with your email address, I can email you a PDF of the owners manual.

John

md92468

« Reply #124 on: 20 Jun 2018, 06:22 pm »
I had my eye on a Belles Aria, and the reviews have indeed been good. I even think I've recently seen a used one somewhere. I am frustrated at all the great gear out there that you can't listen to in your system before purchase. But I guess that's a good reason to buy used!

Hey Rebbi,

Long time! Hope all is well. FWIW, I have heard (at a local dealer) the Aria Integrated and Aria mono blocks with speakers that are in a comparable class to the Spatials, and while there are noticeable improvements in moving up the ladder (as there should be given the price points), the Belles house sound and virtues are present in both. I am continually impressed by the Aria's sense of scale and detail, the latter of which I did not expect from this amp (in part because the lone review I could find made little mention of it). For my needs and in my set up, the integrated is enough to keep me happy; the convenience of having one box trumps the benefits of the last level of detail that become available by the upgrade to mono blocks. Bottom line - I wouldn't shy away from the Aria simply because of what might be possible with Belles' three box solution....

rebbi

« Reply #125 on: 20 Jun 2018, 06:33 pm »
Hey Rebbi,

Long time! Hope all is well. FWIW, I have heard (at a local dealer) the Aria Integrated and Aria mono blocks with speakers that are in a comparable class to the Spatials, and while there are noticeable improvements in moving up the ladder (as there should be given the price points), the Belles house sound and virtues are present in both. I am continually impressed by the Aria's sense of scale and detail, the latter of which I did not expect from this amp (in part because the lone review I could find made little mention of it). For my needs and in my set up, the integrated is enough to keep me happy; the convenience of having one box trumps the benefits of the last level of detail that become available by the upgrade to mono blocks. Bottom line - I wouldn't shy away from the Aria simply because of what might be possible with Belles' three box solution....

That’s really nice to know, thank you!