Latest Measurements with Tact

ekovalsky

Re: trolling poster
« Reply #20 on: 14 Dec 2004, 04:00 am »
Quote from: Brian Cheney
Our trolling poster sys1 has been tracked down.  His name is Dan Evert and he lives in Hawaii.  He also uses the moniker Kana813.

From his tone and language I would say Dan is about 12 years old.  

His account has been temporarily suspended by the Moderators.  I will leave it to a vote of you, the VMPS Forum posters, whether Dan should be banned or not.  If he causes no further trouble I am inclined to let him stay.  

Let's hear what you think.

I certainly would not ban someone for a few comments on one thread.  His comments may have been made in jest -- I doubt anyone on AudioCricle thinks VMPS speakers are tailored to appeal to mid-fi standards.

Also, I've read several posts and a review by "Kana813" on Audiogon about the TacT gear.  None of his posts there fall into the Troll category.  And, if/when there is a "Digital Tools" forum here (which I hope there will be) he will probably have good things to contribute.

KJ

« Reply #21 on: 14 Dec 2004, 04:29 am »
I certainly would not ban someone for a few comments on one thread.

Agreed.  However, the few comments made IMO were blatant attempts to pick a fight.  Such behavior is not indicative of constructive criticism or the pursuit of educating one's self.

Nonetheless, I'm game at giving him a second chance.

-KJ

theborg

« Reply #22 on: 14 Dec 2004, 11:01 am »
Dan Evert has already been banned, at (ironically enough) his own request. It takes a lot to get banned here, but once a ban is in place, it is permanent.