I'm thinking of purchasing a Bryston/Torus. In this particular desktop setup, I have 15A line and use Hubbell HBL 5262 receptacles.
I was wondering how the BIT 15 (1800 watts) would be able to handle the following:
1) Bryston BDP-1 - I think this consumes around 10 watts (please feel free to correct)
2) Teradak 12V13A linear power supply (which I use for my DAC - Dangerous Source): 200 Watts? http://www.teradak.com/products/66.html
3) Amphion Amp 100: Class D -> 2 x 100 watts (http://www.amphion.fi/en/create/products/amp100/
) that power Amphion One15. I'm typically in the 60-80 db range. I wanted to be sure that there would be enough headroom during the transients.
4) Late 2009 Core 2 Duo iMac - According to Apple the CPU Max consumption is 365W.
5) *** Teradak DC-30W - (http://www.teradak.com/products/65.html
) Thinking of adding this to power a USB hub for portable drives and possibly the upcoming Bryston Wifi Dongle adapter. I want to get rid of the SMPS here that's 5V 2A.
6) *** I might add a dedicated headphone amplifier like BHA-1 later (50 Watts) and a separate preamp (BP26+BDA combo or BP17 cubed). I don't think these should be that heavy in power consumption.
TOTAL: 800-900W so far at majority of time.
These are the only things that will always be plugged in and ON. I might occasionally power a 40" TV and PS3 occasionally for casual use along with other things, but I won't be concerned about performance at those times. Although, if it can power all these on and still have headroom left, that'd be great.
I was mainly worried about the Amphion Amp 100 and the iMac. Maybe even the Teradak 12V13A LPS. Although, it doesn't need anything close to its max since it's only powering a DAC.
Aside from power requirements, I have already made changes to move away from switching to LPS for devices. The only dirty equipment I can think of is the iMac. I hope the iMac won't negatively affect other gear?
Also, what if I had used a BIT20 on my 15A lines. Any benefit sonically in my case, aside from future proofing when on 20A line?