All,Tomorrow, July 31st is the last day
of the LIO DAC 2.0 pre-order (to save $300).
I am overwhelmed (in a good way
) by how many LIO customers are upgrading to LIO DAC 2.0 - thank you!
I'm just about all sold out from this 1st production run!UPDATES as of July 30th
- The DAC 2.0 PCBs are well into production, as are the new rear plates. There will be a small heatsink attached to the rear
plate (as well as 10mm x 10mm heat sinks for each d/a chip) to keep temperatures under control for those who plan to upsample
into the DSD512 domain.
- I am very optimistic that the DAC 2.0 modules will begin shipping in late August, and into September.
- A new batch (2nd production run) will follow and they should be available end of September.
- I will be exhibiting at RMAF this October in two separate rooms, and each room will be running a LIO with DAC 2.0,
so hopefully those interested in LIO and DAC 2.0 will be able to make it for a good listen!
- For those of you who are going to have a try at installing the microchip (with DAC 2.0 firmware), I am working on instructions
that will be email to you when DAC 2.0 ships. For those of you who plan to ship your LIO to me for the DAC 2.0 installation and
firmware update, I will be contacting you when your DAC 2.0 is close to being ready - and then you can ship your LIO to me. The installation will just take me a few days...
- When your DAC 2.0 ships, I will email the link to the Thesycon drivers (for those using Windows).
- I won't have pictures for the website until after I receive the production batch. The website needs updating, but it's been a very busy summer and I just haven't had the time.
I'll continue to keep you all posted.