The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread

Mitch751

Re: The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread
« Reply #140 on: 26 Mar 2019, 01:14 am »
Thank you for the reply ... appreciated

Mitch751

« Reply #141 on: 29 Mar 2019, 04:52 am »
Finally bought the ultra Rendu plus uptone LPs. The improvement is very very significant , now with LIO Dac 2 is sooooo good. Lost my intention to buy a DCS Rossini.

dspringham

« Reply #142 on: 2 Apr 2019, 10:13 pm »
Howdy everyone,

Just popping back in to report that I have received and installed the DAC 2.0 and yes, it's everything that all of you have said it was. No question, a very noticeable improvement over DAC 1. In fact I was trying to keep my expectations tempered after ordering based on the reading of this thread. Am happy to report that my expectations were pleasantly exceeded.

No point repeating all the descriptives previously mentioned here. Bottom line is a huge performance upgrade in the sound of my setup.

By the way Vinnie, you were right about outperforming the RWA Sony HAP-Z1ES Level 3. DAC 2.0 is clearly superior. The great thing about it is that the Sony now works beautifully as a server via USB.

Also, TAK's are on the way for LIO DHT (currently using PX 4's).

Thanks to everyone for their comments and opinions.

Cheers,
Dave

Vinnie R.

« Reply #143 on: 3 Apr 2019, 02:04 pm »
Hi Mitch751,

No need for the Rossini when you have a Rossi  :lol:
Thank you

Hi dspringham,

Thanks for posting, and I'm glad to hear that you can still use your modded Sony as a USB transport to the LIO DAC 2.0.
And let us know after you put some time on the TAK TA-300Bs.

Cheers,

Vinnie

Will2

« Reply #144 on: 19 Aug 2019, 04:52 pm »
Apologies for what might be a dumb question, but I just got back from a business trip and am trying to play my LIO through my Windows desktop at work via USB as I have normally done and it seems my machine did an automatic update while I was away and is now saying under "Audio" in Settings "LIO DAC 2.0 Driver is unavailable".  Does anyone have a trouble-shooting idea for me?

Thanks,
Will

Vinnie R.

« Reply #145 on: 19 Aug 2019, 05:10 pm »
Hi Will,

You might need to reinstall the LIO DAC 2.0 driver.  Email directly if you need it again (and I promise not to make
any Mac vs PC jokes  :green:).

Best regards,

Vinnie