The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread

Mitch751

Re: The LIO DAC 2.0 information and discussion thread
« Reply #100 on: 4 Dec 2017, 01:51 am »
Please allow me to ask a question, which has been confusing me for quite some time.

I have been told by adding Mutec MC3 USB+, there will be a signifcant improvement on every DAC (not matter how good it is, included LIO USB2). I understand this Mutec is just a reclocker, which LIO USB 2 has already Built in, in this case, why should I need it ?

People keep on telling me how important is the master clock, if this is the case, why many good grade DAC including LIO do not have an wclock in / out for external master clock?

If reclocker has already done the job, why should an extra Master clock need to add on ?

ebag4

« Reply #101 on: 17 Mar 2018, 12:19 am »
Just installed my DAC 2.0 an hour ago, so likely some break in still to occur.  I didn’t have to wait for the break in to hear the improvement compared to the DAC 1.0.  I can hear deeper into the music, the clarity is incredible.  More as it breaks in, but I don’t need any more time to know that it’s a keeper.  I’ll be shipping my DAC 1.0 back Monday!  Great job Vinnie, very impressive.

Best,
Ed

Vinnie R.

« Reply #102 on: 20 Mar 2018, 03:18 pm »
Just installed my DAC 2.0 an hour ago, so likely some break in still to occur.  I didn’t have to wait for the break in to hear the improvement compared to the DAC 1.0.  I can hear deeper into the music, the clarity is incredible.  More as it breaks in, but I don’t need any more time to know that it’s a keeper.  I’ll be shipping my DAC 1.0 back Monday!  Great job Vinnie, very impressive.

Best,
Ed

Hi Ed,

Nice - glad you are enjoying your LIO DAC 2.0 right out of the box!  It gets even better  8)

Thanks for your post and keeping us posted!

Vinnie

ebag4

« Reply #103 on: 15 May 2018, 11:24 pm »
I wanted to throw out a very brief update on my DAC 2.0, it is possibly the best money I have spent on audio.

Best,
Ed