Selling BAT VK-500 amp

Zkidd

Selling BAT VK-500 amp
« on: 30 Jun 2017, 06:50 am »
As I noticed that there were some people interested in starting an audiophile group in the Puget Sound area, I am appealing to you to help me with the sale of this amp:

For sale is one incredible BAT (Balanced Audio Technologies) VK-500 amp. This is a dual mono amp so what you are getting is two amps in a single chassis. This amp was a breakthrough in design by Victor Khomenko in that his design uses only N type transistors. There are only two gain stages. I am a lover of tube amps but this solid state unit is the closest to having a tube like sound with all the benefits of solid state that I have ever heard. I will regret when it sells but I have too many things in the house, and after much deliberation, I am going with a pair of tubed monoblock amps; the choice was not an easy one to make. This amp also has the "Bat Pak" option. 
I could go on about how great this is but there are several excellent reviews online about this amp.
Make no mistake - this is a large amp. It weighs 103 pounds. Local pick-up/delivery is strongly encouraged. I am willing to drive a good distance to help facilitate its delivery. Here are some specs:

250 watts / 8 ohms; 450 watts/4 ohms THD  less than 1%
Input impedance: 100K ohms
Output impedance: 0.2 ohms
Dimensions: 9.5" H x 19" W x 23" D
Weight: 103 pounds
I have rated this a "7" only because I am the second owner and there are some very fine light scratches on the top. Otherwise this amp is in very good condition.
Please feel free to contact me with any and all questions. I will do my best to give prompt replies. Normally I do not charge for PP fees but on this item I will split the costs. Thank you for looking...

Thanks for looking but this item is no longer for sale! After giving it another serious listen it is just too good to let go. If I ever wanted to replace it I would need to spend at least three- four times the asking price. This amp performs like a champ so the hell with the medical bills and all. I will pay those off as I go along. The amp stays.

« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2017, 09:47 am by Zkidd »

usp1

Re: Selling BAT VK-500 amp
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2017, 12:52 pm »
Welcome to AC! Forum rules require that you post an asking price. Also, you need a few more posts before you can get messages so it might help if you post a contact email address. GLWTS!

Tubeburner

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2017, 02:24 pm »
I have known Bob(Zkidd) for several years and he is a knowledgeable Audiophile and keeps his gear pristine. You can check his feedback on Audiogon under the same user name.  :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2017, 04:52 pm »
As I noticed that there were some people interested in starting an audiophile group in the Puget Sound area, I am appealing to you to help me with the sale of this amp:

For sale is one incredible BAT (Balanced Audio Technologies) VK-500 amp. This is a dual mono amp so what you are getting is two amps in a single chassis. This amp was a breakthrough in design by Victor Khomenko in that his design uses only N type transistors. There are only two gain stages. I am a lover of tube amps but this solid state unit is the closest to having a tube like sound with all the benefits of solid state that I have ever heard. I will regret when it sells but I have too many things in the house, and after much deliberation, I am going with a pair of tubed monoblock amps. The choice was not easy and if I could I would keep it as well as the BAT VK-3i preamp I used with this (see other ad). This amp also has the "Bat Pak" option.

I could go on about how great this is but there are several excellent reviews online about this amp. I believe this is the only one for sale on the internet right now and with good reason; these are excellent amp, and can power any speaker you can through at it. 

This amp is a monster! It weighs in at over 100 pounds, and more like 105 to be accurate. I have rated it a "7" just to be safe but it is more like an "8". Because of the weight, a local pick-up is what I am looking at right now. If you are in the Seattle - Portland area I am willing to drive a good distance to help facilitate delivery I have purchased a crate that was once used to ship large Classe amps. This crate has handles and casters plus it is foam lined. The BAT amp will fit inside this crate and with some bands I can secure it to the crate easily. Hence, I can ship the amp but the weight will be over 150 pounds so the amp will have to be shipped via freight. Email me and we can discuss shipping.  Please feel free to ask any questions. The price is pretty reasonable considering what this amp would cost nowadays. Remember that you are getting 250 wpc into 8 ohms and over 450 into 4 ohms, plus this amp supplies a lot of current, of interest to you Maggie owners, old Apogee speakers and even some Thiel speakers. I have relatively easy speakers to drive so I never heard this amp break into a sweat. I wish I had this amp when I owned my Apogee Stages! 
All sales ads must have a price;

Zkidd

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2017, 05:30 pm »
Hi,
Yes, stupid me...I was so happy that a friend helped me with advice on how to post the ad I forgot one of the most important things - the price. I have since corrected that.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Tubeburner

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2017, 06:11 pm »
Bump for a fine amp at a great price.

Bostown

• BASS CLUB [Boston Audio Stereo & Social Club]
    • Second Time Sound - Audio Gear Re-Purposed
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2017, 07:10 pm »
There's a mention of a VK-3i listing but I can't find it. 

Zkidd

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2017, 09:05 pm »
Sorry - I am behind the times. The preamp went almost immediately. I have removed the ads but I must clean up the ad language where that preamp is referenced.
My apologies...

Bob

Zkidd

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2017, 05:20 am »
The ad has been cleaned up some...