It's been awhile. Seems like I have been working on these forever. They are finally finished and were delivered to their home on Wednesday. The last two months were spent trying to rub down the poly so it looked good, giving up, sanding the poly back to bare wood, applying 8 coats of the Emtech 6000 water borne lacquer then rubbing that down. Here are some pics of how they turned out.
Here is one next to an N3TL to give you an idea of size
Finally I had to pack them up. Due to the weight they had to be crated. I started off by wrapping each cabinet with three moving blankets
Then I stretch wrapped the cabinets to prevent the blankets from sliding
Next came the crates
I lined the crates with 1" foam boards and slid the speaker in
Then I taped the grills to the speakers and built up blocking material out of additional pieces of foam boards to secure the speakers so they couldn't move
Then I laid the crates down, blocked out the top and finished off the packing with a large piece of the 1" board
After that it was just a matter of screwing the tops on, loading the crates in the truck and dropping them off at the shipper. Loading them took a little planning since they weighed 235 pounds each and I had to load them by myself. That lift table has been worth it.
They arrived at the client's home on Wednesday and he wasted no time getting them hooked up. They are being paired with Maggie 3.6s. In addition to the speakers I built him an in-line filter to keep the bottom octave off the Maggies. He emailed me today. He doesn't have them completely dialed in yet but is loving what he hears. In addition to the bass, filtering out the low frequencies is allowing the Maggies to sound better than ever while drawing considerably less current than before.
Definitely another open baffle bass convert.