BDP-3

Hoiman

Re: BDP-3
« Reply #220 on: 6 Jun 2017, 05:20 am »
YES, I just heard the new BDP-3 is coming this week to my house.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #221 on: 6 Jun 2017, 07:10 am »
YES, I just heard the new BDP-3 is coming this week to my house.
It's about time!
(inviting myself for a cup of tea... 8) )

Hoiman

« Reply #222 on: 7 Jun 2017, 05:15 am »
It's about time!
(inviting myself for a cup of tea... 8) )

You're welcom.

James the typos are still in the manual.
There is a little typo on page 13 of the manual:
power your BDP-1
Must be 3 ofcourse

On page 12 the front of the BDP-3 the number 8 must be 9.

Marius

« Reply #223 on: 7 Jun 2017, 07:24 am »
HI James,

Before hiding some cash from the household to obtain a new BDP-3, I would love to ask whether you are even considering a Bdp3 - Usb, like the -1 before?
Since you've emphasized the usb route to be the future, I was wondering if a bdp3 with audiocard was really necessary to get the best experience in digital audio, and the usb connection only to be sufficient, provided one has a DAC that can compute the signal.

Thanks , Marius

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #224 on: 7 Jun 2017, 10:33 am »
HI James,

Before hiding some cash from the household to obtain a new BDP-3, I would love to ask whether you are even considering a Bdp3 - Usb, like the -1 before?
Since you've emphasized the usb route to be the future, I was wondering if a bdp3 with audiocard was really necessary to get the best experience in digital audio, and the usb connection only to be sufficient, provided one has a DAC that can compute the signal.

Thanks , Marius

Hi Marius

So far I think having a number of options available to transfer the digital signal to the DAC is still the best approach as we always have differences of opinion on which one sounds best.

james

gbaby

« Reply #225 on: 7 Jun 2017, 01:32 pm »
HI James,

Thanks , Marius

For what its worth, the new sound card makes the digital outputs sound better than the USB output.

Marius

« Reply #226 on: 7 Jun 2017, 01:38 pm »

For what its worth, the new sound card makes the digital outputs sound better than the USB output.

Worth a lot to me ! Thx. Though as James mentions from experience: opinions might vary....
Cheers
Marius

Hoiman

« Reply #227 on: 7 Jun 2017, 02:26 pm »

Please explain this?

gbaby

« Reply #228 on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:00 pm »
Please explain this?

I can't; you need to ask my ears.  :lol:

Xinon

« Reply #229 on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:48 pm »
Hi Xinon

Great  :thumb:

We shipped 39 this week and hope to get another 25 out over the next few weeks.  What dealer did you order from?

james

Any update? :D
T.AA Import or Lyric Hifi

Xinon

« Reply #230 on: 8 Jun 2017, 02:57 pm »
While I wait, maybe be a good idea to order a SSD drive to put inside, any suggestion?

Hoiman

« Reply #231 on: 8 Jun 2017, 03:39 pm »
I can't; you need to ask my ears.

Ok, but you have already a BDP-3 at home?
I 'm going to get mine tomorrow, but I think I will not hear any difference between USB and the rest.

Xinon

« Reply #232 on: 8 Jun 2017, 03:57 pm »
I 'm going to get mine tomorrow, but I think I will not hear any difference between USB and the rest.

Dont know if that was for me, no I dont have Bdp3, using Lumin D1.

Hoiman

« Reply #233 on: 8 Jun 2017, 04:53 pm »
No this was for gbaby.

Hoiman

« Reply #234 on: 9 Jun 2017, 12:22 pm »
Hi James,

I just got mine BDP-3.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I also have the BDA-3 and I wonder which usb port I can use the best to use in the new BDP-3 to connect with the BDA-3?
Already thanks.

gbaby

« Reply #235 on: 9 Jun 2017, 01:47 pm »

I have the BDP-2. And, you will hear a difference between USB and the digital outputs. When I compared the two, the USB sounded dry, but the digital output sounded more liquid and organic.  :thumb: But, then again, Bryston put the USB port on the BDP3 on a dedicated  circuit so maybe things have improved for the USB port. Let us know what you think.

Hoiman

« Reply #236 on: 9 Jun 2017, 02:26 pm »
I can not let you know, because most of my "good" music is dff, so I have to use USB. The flac files I have I don't hear any difference. It sounds all good.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #237 on: 9 Jun 2017, 03:11 pm »
I can not let you know, because most of my "good" music is dff, so I have to use USB. The flac files I have I don't hear any difference. It sounds all good.

The BDA-3 it really shouldn't be a problem due to how our USB interface is implemented in the BDA2 and 3, however if you want to give it a try the two USB 3.0 ports on the rear (near the top of the unit) are on there own bus.

Cheers,
Chris

Hoiman

« Reply #238 on: 9 Jun 2017, 03:23 pm »
The BDA-3 it really shouldn't be a problem due to how our USB interface is implemented in the BDA2 and 3, however if you want to give it a try the two USB 3.0 ports on the rear (near the top of the unit) are on there own bus.

I already choose for this option (the own bus option), because I also thought this will be the best connection. But I don't think I hear any sound difference. I think all sounds excellent.

gbaby

« Reply #239 on: 9 Jun 2017, 10:08 pm »

What processor are you using? The sonic differences are subtle, but they exist. Initially, I could not hear of difference, but after repeated testing, I can hear clearly now.  :)