**TOUR has been filled. Please check: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=148425.msg1587523#new for posts relating to the tour.**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRtXBskPlusiTube 2 tour
First of all I would like to say THANK YOU AC FOR YOUR SUPPORT! iFi could not be more excited to be part of this community. And for me personally I am ecstatic to be here in this capacity. iTube 2
As you may have heard already, the successor to the the original iTube: the iTube 2 will ‘tubeify’ your desktop or two channel system. My personal experience with the iTube 2 completely changed my own opinion on buffers. Never been a fan before and have never heard one I liked, but the iTube 2 with it’s low noise floor and superb impedance matching and my personal favorite, SET mode, made all of my preconceptions disappear. It is a MUST for my system. And when I say any system I mean it. Desktop, 2 channel stereo. Hell, get 3 and use it for surround! The tonal improvement is vast and oh so sweet. So, what is it?
Reloaded, next generation
The original iTube became the ‘go to’ tube buffer for any and every home audio system. The iTube2 with trickle-down technology from the flagship ‘Pro’ series has been redesigned with new parts and new circuitry. Only the GE5670 tube remains.
The iTube2 is a tubed output stage; tube preamp; tube buffer and an impedance-matching device. There is nothing like it. Put the iTube2 before a solid-state preamp with another iTube2 after it to create the effect of tubing the whole audio chain. Or simply use the iTube2 as a very high-quality preamp by itself.
The iTube2 sounds, by and far, like a tube amplifier ‘done right with the inimitable magic of tubes‘:
1. 1. Tube+® circuit for SET/Push-Pull/Classic tube amplifier signature
2. 2. 3D Holographic+® for Loudspeakers matrix system
3. 3. XBass+® for Loudspeakers matrix system
above: iTube2 in my iFi rig. Features/Technologies
* High-end Direct Tube Buffer/High-End Direct Pre-amplifier
* Selectable tube sound signature (SET / Push-Pull / Classic)
* All-new 3D Holographic+® for Loudspeakers matrix system
* All-new XBass+® for Loudspeakers matrix system
* Pure analogue volume control
* Ultra-low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.009% (Tube+ off)
* 0dB or 9dB selectable gain
* Reference class parts quality from ELNA Silmic to C0G capacitors
* iPower (15V) included, ‘quieter than battery’ power supply
Now that we’ve discussed a bit of what the iTube 2 is lets talk about getting it into the hands of Audiocircle members!
Am I eligible for the tour?
For this tour we are dedicating 2 iTube 2 units to make the rounds to members. For now we are limiting the tour to US only. We will reevaluate extending the tour to other regions if there is an interest, but for now, lets get things going state side.
If you’re in the US the congrats, you are eligible!How do I sign up?
To sign up, simply send me a PM here at AC titled: iTube2 Tour
In the PM include the following:
1. Your location
2. Tell us what gear you are planning on connecting the iTube 2 to.
3. If you have any reviews that you have previously done let us know!
4. Post 'I'm interested!' here along with some info on your setup and how you will use the iTube2 too help keep this topic rolling.
Deadline to sign up for the tour process is 3rd of February 2017. Those who sign up will be announced/contacted thereafter.Rules:
1. Each ACer will be given 1 week to spend with the unit.
2. After the trial period each individual will be responsible for safely packing the unit, shipping the unit to the next ACer and covering the shipping costs.
3. Each ACer will be required to post a review of the iTube2 within 1 week of shipping the unit off to the net ACer right here
on the tour page.
4. Most importantly, lets have fun with this! Use it in your main system, your headphone system. Enjoy the Tubey goodness all over!Bonus:
We will be raffling off an iTube2 unit to one lucky iFi fan who participate in the tour! Not playing favorites, we will chose the winners at random. Your entry into the tour is all you need to qualify for the raffle. Winner will be announced after the tour is complete.
One last thing: If you haven't already, check out Tyson's Review!
and thank you to Tyson for your review! What a great way to get this tour off to an exciting start!
I'll post our more detailed tech notes on iTube2 soon, stay tuned!