Danny going back to my Neo3 Neo8 debate, I measured my current neo8PDR array (9 drivers) using the DEQX and and my Earthworks M30 mic and they go nearly flat all the way to 17,500hz and go down very sharp afterwards but there is absolutely no peek at 13k is basically flat from 800hz to 17,500hz I re measured using my Minidsp Umik and REW with nearly identical results.
So I am confused
Based on the data I have so far I think the benefit of investing a lot of money to get 48 NEO3-PDR is not that big and there are actually some benefits in using the NEO8-PDR instead.
In favor of Neo8:
1) I don't think I can hear a lot above 17,500hz LOL.
2) I can cross the NEO8-PDR easy at .8-1khz using a low order filter vs the NEO3-PDR at 1-1.5khz Highorder
3) The sound signature is very similar
4) Not sure if the Power handling of a NEO8-PDR array will be higher than that of a NEO3-PDR array
5) I feel I am pushing the limits of the NEO3-PDR by crossing them at 1-1.5khz VS the NEO8-PDR will be very comfortable crossed at 1khz
6) I save over $3,000
In favor of Neo3:
1) I feel like I am cutting corners, It is obvious that the perfect Driver will be 48 of your Kapton based Neo 3 (Coming Soon)
2) Using 48 of your Neo3 will better match the gain of the Neo10 so much that there is a possibility of making a passive crossover for the speaker as a future Project since the array will have a Wing like the Serenity Acoustic that you built only taller.
Someone needs to decide for me! This is driving me nuts LOL