OPPO Service Report

Mikeinsacramento

OPPO Service Report
« on: 24 Nov 2016, 08:11 pm »
Hopefully a critique of a manufacturer suits this board.

My BDP-93 NuForce would not power up.  I paid $79 over the phone for out-of-warranty service.  And it cost me $27.58 to ship to Redwood City with $500 insurance with FedEx.

I shipped Monday of this week.  It was repaired and returned 48 hours later.  Repair amounted to a decoder board and power board replacement.  That kind of service for basically a hundred bucks is awesome.  Kudo's to FedEx as well.

SoCalWJS

Re: OPPO Service Report
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2016, 10:51 pm »
Hopefully a critique of a manufacturer suits this board.

My BDP-93 NuForce would not power up.  I paid $79 over the phone for out-of-warranty service.  And it cost me $27.58 to ship to Redwood City with $500 insurance with FedEx.

I shipped Monday of this week.  It was repaired and returned 48 hours later.  Repair amounted to a decoder board and power board replacement.  That kind of service for basically a hundred bucks is awesome.  Kudo's to FedEx as well.
+1

I've had occasion to use Oppo service twice through the years - once under warranty (my fault - put something in I shouldn't have - a CD with a "Disc Stabilizer"), and once on a unit where I purchased the "generic" service. Both times I had great communication, prompt return, and the issue resolved.

LOVE Oppo service.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: OPPO Service Report
« Reply #2 on: 25 Nov 2016, 12:12 am »
+100. My OPPO 95's digital board had failed...since I didn't need to ship the player, they sent me a brand new board -free  in 48 hrs.

Best,

Anand