Hey Jay, you didn't miss much
I decided to flatten one more time, the weather was great so I did the sanding outside, much easier to see what needs additional sanding. This time I used a small rubber block, I believe this was an improvement as compared to the 11" block I was using previously.
My parts for the sprayer arrived Saturday, I had two more tinted coats to apply, although the cellophane in the air path still occurred it was to a lesser degree. The odd thing was that the final 3 clear coats did not have the cellophane type buildup, no issue at all.
The spraying is complete, I am quite happy with the end result. I will buff them out but need to wait about 10 days or so. In the meantime I will apply the Duratex to the bottoms of the bass cabs, center piece and MTMs.
Here they are today:
As is evident, my photography skills are lacking, I took one of the speakers outside to see if it helped:
So no, taking them outside didn't help much
. Although you can't tell from the pics, the detail in the Burl shows through in a cool way, I believe buffing them out will improve the look.