Remote Volume option now available in mods

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 9 Nov 2004, 10:13 pm »
Greetings all,
  Some time ago I mentioned that we would be offering a remote volume option for many of our exclusive products and/or modifications. Well, we are now ready to start offering this option. Here is a short list of the products that we offer that will accomidate a motorized volume control:

Jolida JD3000B tube preamp
Jolida JD801A amplifier
Jolida JD1000A amplifier
Some older ASL products

The options for the control will be either an ALPS Black or ALPS Blue and will come with an (inexpensive) Philips universal 3 device remote that you can also use for your TV, VCR, DVD player, etc.

We cannot install the motorized volume into the 102, 202, 302 or 502 amplifiers as there is not enough room. I am working on releasing a small passive control dvice that will house the remote volume, source selector (up to 6 sources and sub and tape outputs. I currently have one of these units up and running that is driving my personal Reference 502 that has a dircet input option.

jswallac

« Reply #1 on: 9 Nov 2004, 10:33 pm »
Bill,  Good to see you are offering this.  I believe there is a decent demand for such an option.  It is too bad it will not work with most of the Jolida amps.  A few questions.  What will be the cost of this modification?  Second, any idea on the cost of the external selector/volume unit?  I believe Jolida plans on introducing a similar unit.  Finally, is the remote option available on the used ASL MG SI-15 DT you have?  If so, what would be the total cost of the modified ASL?  Thanks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 9 Nov 2004, 11:16 pm »
Bill, Good to see you are offering this. I believe there is a decent demand for such an option. It is too bad it will not work with most of the Jolida amps.

This is the reason for the custom pasive unit. It is basically taking the control stage out of the chassis and also adding a few extra goodies.

A few questions. What will be the cost of this modification?
These prices will be quoted on my website this evening for the products that don't already have the pricing mentioned.

Second, any idea on the cost of the external selector/volume unit? I believe Jolida plans on introducing a similar unit
Yes, Jolida has mentioned they would come out with a similar unit. Our unit will be housed in a custom, solid Cherry enclosure (standard metal unit will also be available), use a choice of internal wiring and high quality RCA jacks. Tey will start at about $300

Finally, is the remote option available on the used ASL MG SI-15 DT you have? If so, what would be the total cost of the modified ASL? Thanks.

Hmmm..... I don'trecal if there was room inside the older unit or not. It is currently at my Chicago location so I will have to see if it will accomidate the control and get back to you.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 9 Nov 2004, 11:18 pm »
Our unit will be housed in a custom, solid Cherry enclosure (standard metal unit will also be available), use a choice of internal wiring and high quality RCA jacks. They will start at about $300

Sorry, forgot a few things. It will also use a Grayhill source selector with up to 6 inputs available with 4 being the standard. A high and low gain output will be available and maybe a true tape loop.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 9 Nov 2004, 11:40 pm »
Here is some further info on the custom passive unit. Below are the details of a current display unit I am working on.

Chassis - Solid Cherry
 Control knobs - Custom 1" Black Walnut
 Remote - Alps Blue motorized 100k
 Wiring - 24 awg solid silver
 Input - x3 sets
 Selector - Grayhill
 Balance - None
 Amp output - X2 sets (one high/one low)
 options - Sub output, tape output
 On/Off - toggle with Blue LED
 Power - 9-12V via wall wart power supply

I hope to have this piece done asap but with my current work load, I can't make any promises on the ETA.