Bryston Loudspeakers

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston Loudspeakers
« Reply #2660 on: 19 May 2018, 12:33 pm »
Hi Folks

After all these years some things in this hobby still surprise me.

Just for fun I set up our least expensive speaker system and I just can not believe how great it sounds. The speakers just disappear and the soundstage is huge!

Anyway just reinforces the fact that with all the angst about getting an acoustically designated listening room and all the trimmings does not guarantee sonic bliss where an old bedroom and a quick setup results in a terrific presentation  -  go figure  :scratch:

Mag

« Reply #2661 on: 19 May 2018, 02:37 pm »
I have a bedroom that with very little sound power as in satellite speakers sounded great. Problem is the room is not soundproof and at the spl I listen at would be heard at the end of the street.

Yesterday just for reference I used my computer as a source, to the BDA-1 & SP2 internal dac, with no other changes to the setup. The music sounded clinical, whereas the BCD-3 has an organic quality, the difference IMO is marginal. That difference, music played through the BCD-3, gives me sonic bliss. YMMV  :smoke:

jay5150

« Reply #2662 on: 26 May 2018, 11:52 am »
Hi James,
I was wondering what would be the best way to add a Mini T Subwoofer to my Mini T speakers. The preamp I use has only 1 stereo output (going to the amp and them to the Mini T speakers). I see the Mini T Subwoofer only has a "mono" input. Is there a reason why you didn't make it stereo so we can use its internal crossover before sending the signal to the mains amplifier?
Also, would it be ok to place the Mini T speakers on a pair of Mini T Subwoofer (in a 2.2 system)? The height would be perferct and it would make it look like a floorstanding speakers without taking to much space in the room.

Thanks!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2663 on: 26 May 2018, 01:35 pm »
Hi James,
I was wondering what would be the best way to add a Mini T Subwoofer to my Mini T speakers. The preamp I use has only 1 stereo output (going to the amp and them to the Mini T speakers). I see the Mini T Subwoofer only has a "mono" input. Is there a reason why you didn't make it stereo so we can use its internal crossover before sending the signal to the mains amplifier?
Also, would it be ok to place the Mini T speakers on a pair of Mini T Subwoofer (in a 2.2 system)? The height would be perferct and it would make it look like a floorstanding speakers without taking to much space in the room.

Thanks!

Hi Jay

The electronic crossovers in most subs are not of the quality we thought necessary to allow the Main signal to pass through or be manipulated.

So I have used the Mini T Subs with the Mint T's in Room 2 with excellent results just letting the Mini T's run full range and bring the Mini T Subs in using their rear panel controls to allow for a smooth transition.

I have not used the Mini T on top of the Mini T Sub but thats a neat idea but make sure you use some isolation and vibration control between the two.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2664 on: 8 Jun 2018, 06:18 pm »