Questions about the Super 3 Desktop / Super 3i and delivery to the UK!

AJ_AJ

Hi everyone!

Registering so that I can ask a few questions and hopefully share my experiences with Omega speakers in the future :thumb:

I've been searching for a pair of high-quality desktop speakers for nearfield listening and Omega 3 Desktops have firmly caught my attention. They seem like they would be perfect for me, as my current living situation only permits me to have speakers at my desk. However, in about a year I'm looking to move from a small flat into a (hopefully!) larger house and so will be able to have a small/medium room for listening purposes. Now, would I be able to use the 3 Desktops in a room like this? Or should I just invest in the Super 3i and use them on my desktop for a year or so, in view of transferring them to a better room / on floor standers at some point?

Also - for those of you that have had Omega's delivered to the UK, what sort of custom charges did you have to pay? I'm going to have to wait until the Brexit uncertainty is over and let the £ to $ conversion build back up :lol:

Thanks!

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
Welcome to the Omega Audio Circle AJ_AJ.  The Super 3i would be the clear choice over the Desktop.  Even though the Desktop is an incredible speaker on the desktop, it doesn't have the versatility of the 3i.  The Desktop is bottom ported to couple with the desktop making it more of a challenge if you put it on stands in a room.  It also doesn't have the bass output of the 3i.  One of the best desktop systems I've had regardless of price is has been the Super 3i, Temple Audio Bantam Gold fronted with an Audio Sector NOS DAC (but any good DAC would work).  This same system also sounds terrific in a room setup.

Guy 13

A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. AJ_AJ.

Guy 13

Louis O

Hi AJ_AJ,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to AC.

I do agree with Canada Rob and the 3i would be more versatile for you as they can be placed on the desktop and on stands if needed.

The ship a pair in one box and I have a great discount with FedEx international shipping. I don't know what the duty and tax would be though.

Thanks again,
Louis