JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: Help! Cat peed on my 14B...
« Reply #20 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:04 am »

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #21 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:12 am »
  I agree with Frank that a good solvent should get you going again. My wife is turning into "The Dog Lady". She wants a new puppy all the time. I have a repellant that  keeps chewing dogs away.  It is Tapitilo hot sauce. Wiped the furniture, carpeted stairs, power cords, speaker cables, even cell phone chargers. One application is lifetime.
  Try a little hot sauce on the amp.

Cats are especially stubborn.. I tried almost everything I can think of, from specific 'cat repellent spray' to hot sauce, even raw wasabi plant but no use, some of them even developed special interests and loved the taste of the 'repellent '  :scratch:

And just now, while I'm sitting on the floor cleaning the contacts, he came and peed on my trousers. My trousers, which I am wearing.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #22 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:17 am »
Okay, far more seriously here...

A cat that suddenly urinates in places that it should not has a severe urinary-tract infection. Call any nearby veterinarian and they will not only confirm this, but will request to see your cat before it dies a painful death.

amblin

« Reply #23 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:25 am »
I'm sure he's fine, infact too healthy and thinks he's the boss. He's always like this, it's in the blood, marking territory at specific part of the house and everything large and new, and I'm 'new' because I was away for so long.
 My wife is a amateur vet of some kind and the male Angora is her favorite, her 'baby'..

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #24 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:55 am »
Night night, kitty.

mcgsxr

« Reply #25 on: 25 Jun 2016, 01:41 pm »
I have cats (3) and Maggies.  The old cat never looked at any of the speakers I bought into the house.

The 2 new cats have, over the past 6 months, done some damage to the cloth on the speakers.  They still function perfectly, and once they are older and stop having any interest in the speakers I will redo the cloth.

I love cats and audio.  They don't always mix well.  But having a furry friend on my lap while working from home and listening to jazz is a pretty good experience, so I take the good with the "other".

Sorry to hear about the amp!

amblin

« Reply #26 on: 25 Jun 2016, 01:49 pm »
I must take it back to the dealer after all. Called them today and they happily agreed to check it out.

A electrician friend of mine tried to clean all the contacts we could see this morning but still the fuse flashes the moment I flip the switch, he suspects that the voltage converter is dead/shorted and it's too expensive a thing to fiddle around.... :scratch:

Btw , he said the circuits are beautiful and build quality is top class. Too bad the cat peed on the most vital part..

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #27 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:06 pm »
A cat-astrophe!
Tell your wife you can't afford any more cat food until the damage is paid for. You might also point out that you are unwilling to co-habitate with animals who are not properly housebroken. That is very reasonable and quite fair. Let her know you are not opposed to keeping animals that are domesticated but all others belong outdoors. The corollary might be you keeping an amp that is a fire hazard. How many fires would she tolerate before she drew the line?

Devil Doc

• On the road to Perdition
« Reply #28 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:38 pm »
It might be too late, but he ought to be castrated. If he already has been, it was done too late. If your wife is that attached to him, keep him outdoors. He'll turn up missing someday; run over or eaten by an owl or fisher cat. Cats are a dime a dozen. There's no good reason to put up this.

Doc

amblin

« Reply #29 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:55 pm »
It might be too late, but he ought to be castrated. If he already has been, it was done too late. If your wife is that attached to him, keep him outdoors. He'll turn up missing someday; run over or eaten by an owl or fisher cat. Cats are a dime a dozen. There's no good reason to put up this.

Doc

well I'm afraid there's not too much I can do, she's too attached to the angora and won't even let me keep the cat in a reasonablely large cage as punishment. 

I'll send the amp in for repair and begin working on some cat proof cover tomorrow , I found some hard rubber 'massage matts" on sale at B&Q, with those tiny dots it's an absolute agony to stand onto, maybe these will make a good top cover plus some nice heavy duty nylon to waterproof everything..

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #30 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:38 pm »
a spiked grille on top will cure this.

amblin

« Reply #31 on: 25 Jun 2016, 04:45 pm »
a spiked grille on top will cure this.

Lol actually I already thought about this and wielded some garden rakes together to place on top of the speakers, these stopped them from reaching the top but they can still climb the sides for fun , the large pmcs with sloped back side are cat magnets.

I just hope the repair bill won't hurt too much, I really love my Bryson gears....

Folsom

« Reply #32 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:17 pm »
Okay, far more seriously here...

A cat that suddenly urinates in places that it should not has a severe urinary-tract infection. Call any nearby veterinarian and they will not only confirm this, but will request to see your cat before it dies a painful death.

Or you disrupted it's schedule, which is the only thing a cat cares about.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #33 on: 25 Jun 2016, 05:54 pm »
... before it dies a painful death.
[/quote
I admit to being a dog lover, but if a cat peed on my amp and then me,  the long and painful death thing might not be the result of a bladder infection.

amblin

« Reply #34 on: 25 Jun 2016, 11:12 pm »
Well , time to head for the dealer and see what they can do about my poor amp. Without breaking my back, my god it's heavy.

This is really sad, like I just kicked a cute little rabbit or trashed a really nice car.  The thoughts on I could have easily avoided everything is killing me. :duh:

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #35 on: 26 Jun 2016, 12:00 am »
I'm fingers crossed for ya, sure it will work out in the end. But geez, avoiding a repeat incident later on could be problematic with your feline still on the loose...... :banghead: :banghead:

rif

• Not a cowboy
« Reply #36 on: 26 Jun 2016, 12:31 am »
Wow, people don't like cats.

:idea:
Maybe the cat saw smoke and put out the fire.  It then chewed through the power cord because that was the only way he could cut the power.

:dunno:

PRELUDE

« Reply #37 on: 26 Jun 2016, 01:52 am »
Sell the cat to chinese restaurant and use the money to fix the amp and it will never happen again. :thumb: 

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #38 on: 26 Jun 2016, 02:37 am »
.....then donate some moola to your local cat shelter to ease your conscience.
 :violin: :tempted:

Guy 13

« Reply #39 on: 26 Jun 2016, 02:43 am »

Maybe that's where your wife's cat should be...