George, looking forward to hearing more on your thoughts comparing these to the other speakers you mentioned. I'm plan on trying the M3 Turbo S's but won't have a solid 60 days home until October. I emailed Clayton and one thing he said is they are heavily back ordered at the moment so October would be better for them as well.
As Jason stated they are an HUGE
At this point, I have them broken in and have been playing around with placement in order to optimize their performance (still a work in progress).
That said, I honestly can't find anything that the M3 Turbo S speakers can't do well.
They do exceedingly well at the following:Imaging
- is precise and accurateSoundstage
- is deep, wide, and holographic, while having the proper scale based on the music playingTexture and Tone
- is spot on (especially when I upgraded to the LIO DHT module) and can make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - totally uncolored and allows me to easily hear cable, amp, and tube changesSpeed and Accuracy
- these are fast and detailed, with a leading edge that is sharp and musical - yet seems to hang there foreverHighs
- are crystal clear and extended - without a hint of grain or glare (after they break in)Midrange
- from guitar to vocals, it is uncanny in terms of providing a real and "you are there" presentation - I love the way it just pulls me into the musicBass
- thunderous, textured, nuanced, fast - no bloat or overhangPlay them loud or soft
- they sound great from 75db to 105db and everything in between
They do all of the above with a 25 watt amp inside the Vinnie Rossi LIO or 400 watt mono blocks (Acoustic Imagery Atsah NC 1200's).
A few notes on placement - while I don't have the final location yet, the speakers have sounded very good to great in a wide variety of locations. They have been between 48-90" from the front wall and 12-36" from the side wall in my room. I have also varied between somewhat near field and far field listening. While both sound great, I prefer the far field approach with the speakers aimed at my outside shoulders.
If I sound like a 16 year old boy who just discovered girls after a first kiss - it's because the M3 Turbo S speakers are that good!!
To wrap things up...right now I am getting the best sound I have ever heard in my room.
Kudos to Clayton for having the Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers play such a large role in me achieving that.
Highly, highly, recommended and well worth the wait.