JohnH12

• John H

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: I come to you with heavy heart
« Reply #81 on: 30 May 2016, 02:33 am »
Thanks to all, from the bottom of my heart.  As much as I tried to live like a hermit, I still managed to find some amazing friends along the way. 

Heather was truly that one person you hope you'll find in life.  If I could give the World a wish it would be for everyone to find and have what we had, for all to know that kind of love would be transformative.  If you have found it, never let go.  If you haven't, never stop looking. 

But while we all weep for Heather, unfortunately this tragedy goes even further.  Her brother Wally, who I also had come to be very close with, was burned badly in the fire.  He has a very long and painful road ahead of him.  What strength I have left I pray I can share with him.  He served with honor in Iraq and bears the scars, both physically and mentally.  We all fear that the VA is going to leave him and his 2 boys saddled with an insurmountable debt, the cost of his coming months of medical care are unimaginable.  So if anyone would like, we ask that donations be made to help Heather's brother.  A gofundme account has been created here - https://www.gofundme.com/WalterWhitakerFund

I spent the better part of the day today digging out old hard drives, smiling at all the beautiful pictures of Heather.  From them I could choose 100 to share, but this one seems best.  Tell me that's not the face of an angel

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #82 on: 30 May 2016, 02:59 am »
 :bawl:

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #83 on: 30 May 2016, 04:35 am »
Yes, yes it is. 
Love, Karin

Luis B

« Reply #84 on: 30 May 2016, 07:49 am »
It absolutly is.

daves

« Reply #85 on: 30 May 2016, 12:07 pm »
Ryan, Heather was, is, and always will be your loved angel.

Even though I only saw the two of you a couple times, it took no skill to see that her zeal for life, her joy, and her love for you was incandescent, and yours for her was boundless.

I remember when you started telling the story about the first set of speakers you built. Partway through, she interrupted, and told the rest of the story her way, as she laughed, chortled, and lovingly lambasted you from her chair. I looked over at you, and saw a little smile on your face that revealed a combination of loving pride, patience, and a knowledge that she was the grande dame of her house.

It was a command performance, one of a myriad in a life well lived with you.

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #86 on: 30 May 2016, 05:21 pm »
Ryan,

I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.

Ken

MerRev

« Reply #87 on: 1 Jun 2016, 02:16 am »
Truly sorry for your loss Ryan.
Dave's post above and his memory of your shared moment seemed like deja vu. 

wisnon

« Reply #88 on: 14 Jun 2016, 10:07 am »
Ryan,

Words cant express...
One Love!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #89 on: 14 Jun 2016, 04:30 pm »
Thanks to all the friends who have taken the time to express their sympathies, both online here and in email, and through mailing cards. 

There's so much I could say say, much I've thought "I should post that on AC", but my brain isn't exactly my ally right now.  Thoughts dart through, and right back out, I can't hold onto things in my head like I'm used to doing ... it's a bit of a mess in there. 

What I do want to say is last week I started back to work.  I thought it would be good for me, turns out it's not.  It's just too quiet, and I'm too alone in that shop.  My mind goes places that really aggravate me and make working very much unenjoyable.  I did however work pretty much all week, I just have to take breaks when I feel it happening.  But progress is being made.  I have quite a stack of speakers right at the guts installation stage, and first goal is to get all those done and shipped.  I imagine those of you at that point know who you are. 

What I really need is time alone in a quiet, spiritual place.  Somewhere to work through things without outside influence.  But even if I went to that place now, I wouldn't be able to shut everything off with all these orders hanging over my head.  So getting them done and shipped is first priority, then me time.  Don't feel bad about calling me if you are in the queue, I'll either answer or I won't.  But my voicemail box is full right now, my Outlook email is a disaster, and I just logged on to see I even have 9 PM's here.  If you need communication, call until I answer.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #90 on: 14 Jun 2016, 05:01 pm »
We have your back, Ryan!  Hang in there and take care of yourself.   

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #91 on: 14 Jun 2016, 05:04 pm »
Hang in there Ryan!  :)

I honestly can't imagine exactly what you must be going through but please have empathy for yourself and allow yourself to go through the grieving process and do what you need to...  if it were me I'd probably have to see a counselor/therapist. Also know that you are not alone, as humans we all suffer and we will be there to support you. Wishing you the best...  :)

Dragon_vibe

• Restricted
« Reply #92 on: 14 Jun 2016, 05:58 pm »
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Ryan his not answering his phone or emails now for the past 10 days. It is a matter of urgency.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #93 on: 14 Jun 2016, 08:03 pm »
PM Bob in St Louis.  He lives near Ryan.

Mendocino

« Reply #94 on: 27 Jun 2016, 12:22 am »
I was your first customer, Ryan. You drove my speakers all the way to Virginia to deliver them. And we became good friends. No words work here. I'm just so very sorry. I only can wish you peace. And you know my number ....