Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output

Marius

Re: Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #120 on: 4 Aug 2016, 03:09 pm »
Marius,

I have over 100k tracks and there are no issues.

i have used my microRendu with both Roon and JRiver.  In both cases I used a 32TB Synology NAS that has all of my music and movies.

I haven't tried MPAD.

George

HI George,
Sounds good!
Do you play MPD, or DLNA? I ask because on the BDP, everyone seems to agree MDP sounds best, compared to the other services. Only Roon stirs the discussion right now. For me, I find MPD sounding way more natural, and is the preferred way of playback for now.

Cheers,
Marius

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #121 on: 8 Oct 2016, 06:55 pm »

HI George,
Sounds good!
Do you play MPD, or DLNA? I ask because on the BDP, everyone seems to agree MDP sounds best, compared to the other services. Only Roon stirs the discussion right now. For me, I find MPD sounding way more natural, and is the preferred way of playback for now.

Cheers,
Marius

FYI When you use the DLNA output mode on the microRendu or Sonicorbiter SE you are using MPD as the player in the back ground.   

rodge827

• Phil 2:9-11
« Reply #122 on: 9 Oct 2016, 01:57 pm »
Dumb question here but can I stream Tidal over the microRendu if I don't have a NAS?

If so how can it be done?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #123 on: 9 Oct 2016, 04:38 pm »

rodge827

« Reply #124 on: 9 Oct 2016, 04:47 pm »

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #125 on: 9 Oct 2016, 06:12 pm »
You can do that as well.

rodge827

« Reply #126 on: 9 Oct 2016, 06:26 pm »
You can do that as well.

Cool...Thank you Jesus  8)

slefley

« Reply #127 on: 19 Oct 2016, 04:01 pm »
Before I order please confirm that my understanding is correct. I'm currently using a CAPS server with JRiver controlled by my iPad with JRemote via USB to my DAC.  The easiest way for me to start using the microRendu would be to keep the CAPS/JRiver/JRemote connected via Ethernet but disconnect it from the DAC, and then use the mR to drive the DAC.  Is this correct?   

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #128 on: 19 Oct 2016, 04:46 pm »
I believe you need a NAS and then connect the microRendu by ethernet to the Nas and your DAC by USB to the microRendu. This is what I did and it allowed me to use JRiver and remotes exactly as before.  The only difference when you turn it on is you need to select the microRendu when it appears in the Playing Now section.  If I am wrong, others please correct me.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #129 on: 19 Oct 2016, 04:52 pm »
You can leave your set-up intact except for the connection to the DAC I believe. I don't think you need a NAS as the uRendu will see your computer as the host and if they are both on the network you should be good to go.

I refuse to buy a nas and invest in one of those when I already have a server for music. So I ran a parallel Ethernet cable to my rack and I'll put the uRendu on that into the dac with the back end of the wire connected to my DSL modem just as my server is so they will see each other.

My uRendu is due this week and I will let you know how it goes.

rodge827

« Reply #130 on: 19 Oct 2016, 07:11 pm »
My router is in the living room and I use an upstairs bedroom as a listening/office room. What is the max length an ethernet can be before there are transfer issues? Quality of cable matter?

TIA Chris

jtwrace

« Reply #131 on: 19 Oct 2016, 07:14 pm »
My router is in the living room and I use an upstairs bedroom as a listening/office room. What is the max length an ethernet can be before there are transfer issues? Quality of cable matter?

TIA Chris
Not long enough for your house to be an issue.  Even if your house is 15k sq ft you're fine. 

jtwrace

« Reply #132 on: 19 Oct 2016, 07:16 pm »
For anyone wanting the ultimate to power their µRendu I can't recommend the Patent Pending Vinnie Rossi Ultracapacitor technology enough.  It really is stellar. 

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=145402.msg1555511#msg1555511

rodge827

« Reply #133 on: 19 Oct 2016, 07:37 pm »
Not long enough for your house to be an issue.  Even if your house is 15k sq ft you're fine.

Thanks Jason  :D

moemoney

« Reply #134 on: 27 Oct 2016, 08:13 am »
 Hello everyone I've been a member for a while but never posted, I'm interested in this product and  been on the fence about purchasing one. I have the Ayre Codex DAC paired with the Bryston BDP-1 and I'm using Roon, and would like to know if I connect my DAC to the MicoRendu will I have any issues regarding DSD playback. Also would like to know from anyone  Who has tried this with the Bryston would there be a noticeable  difference.

slefley

« Reply #135 on: 27 Oct 2016, 02:56 pm »
Before I order please confirm that my understanding is correct. I'm currently using a CAPS server with JRiver controlled by my iPad with JRemote via USB to my DAC.  The easiest way for me to start using the microRendu would be to keep the CAPS/JRiver/JRemote connected via Ethernet but disconnect it from the DAC, and then use the mR to drive the DAC.  Is this correct?   

Just to follow up and maybe help someone else, I hooked up my mR just as stated above and it works perfectly.  It did take a while to get the settings correct in JRiver and JRemote, but I'm not very computer-savvy so if I can do it anybody can. Immediately noticeable improvement in clarity which improves texture, imaging and soundstaging - at least in my system.  Highly recommended.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.
« Reply #136 on: 28 Oct 2016, 10:21 pm »
Loving my microRendu.  Using it between NAS and DAC.  Has anyone experienced improvements in sound by using LPS on router or NAS?  Any experiments using LPS on PC while using microRendu?  While I am a believer in going to extremes on the analog signal, so far the few things I have tried with the digital signal have left me unimpressed.  Before I spend money on upgrades that are pointless (or at least bring very little return for the investment) I'd like to hear from anyone who has tricked out that part of the signal chain from the PC through the router and NAS to the microRendu (including ethernet cables).

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #137 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:38 pm »
Hello everyone I've been a member for a while but never posted, I'm interested in this product and  been on the fence about purchasing one. I have the Ayre Codex DAC paired with the Bryston BDP-1 and I'm using Roon, and would like to know if I connect my DAC to the MicoRendu will I have any issues regarding DSD playback. Also would like to know from anyone  Who has tried this with the Bryston would there be a noticeable  difference.

It should work great. The best way to compare things is in your own system.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #138 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:39 pm »
Just to follow up and maybe help someone else, I hooked up my mR just as stated above and it works perfectly.  It did take a while to get the settings correct in JRiver and JRemote, but I'm not very computer-savvy so if I can do it anybody can. Immediately noticeable improvement in clarity which improves texture, imaging and soundstaging - at least in my system.  Highly recommended.

Awesome..thanks for posting.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #139 on: 29 Oct 2016, 07:42 pm »
Loving my microRendu.  Using it between NAS and DAC.  Has anyone experienced improvements in sound by using LPS on router or NAS?  Any experiments using LPS on PC while using microRendu?  While I am a believer in going to extremes on the analog signal, so far the few things I have tried with the digital signal have left me unimpressed.  Before I spend money on upgrades that are pointless (or at least bring very little return for the investment) I'd like to hear from anyone who has tricked out that part of the signal chain from the PC through the router and NAS to the microRendu (including ethernet cables).
You can try anything you want...I promise not to judge. However, I would start by using the best power supply on the microRendu.