Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output

ebag4

Re: Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #100 on: 10 Jun 2016, 03:41 pm »
Good to hear Ed.

How's it sound?

George
So far I am enjoying it.  I'm using the iFi PS now and I'm going to try a battery this weekend.  There are a couple of Ultracapacitor PSs in the works that I am keep an eye out for. 

I ordered a Sonic Transporter this morning, I want to see what all of the fuss is about regarding Roon, plus I understand the Tidal integration is excellent.  I don't have Tidal set up with Kinsky, I'm not certain it is possible, so I am currently missing the Tidal app that I feel the Aries does well.

How was the leap from iFi to the LIO PS?

Best,
Ed

zybar

« Reply #101 on: 10 Jun 2016, 04:19 pm »

How was the leap from iFi to the LIO PS?

Best,
Ed

Like going from a Camry to a BMW! 

George

zybar

« Reply #102 on: 10 Jun 2016, 04:30 pm »
BTW, I am totally loving Tidal and how it integrates into Roon.

I downloaded some playlists off of Tidal this morning and listened to some good music that others had selected.

In fact, I am listening to the Computer Audiophile 100 playlist right now!

George

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« Reply #103 on: 11 Jun 2016, 01:02 pm »
Chris Connaker founder of Computer Audiophile said this in part 2 of his review of the microRrendu, "The ultra low noise bespoke design of this unit, a micro computer designed for audio only, has lead to some amazing listening experiences for me over the last several weeks. From the beautiful distortion of Hendrix to the simplistic vocals and whisper soft trumpet of Chet Baker, the microRendu enabled all the music to shine in its best light. I don't believe I've had a sonically better source connected to my system at any time."

Read the entire review here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/705-sonore-microrendu-review-part-2/

zybar

« Reply #104 on: 11 Jun 2016, 03:11 pm »
Chris Connaker founder of Computer Audiophile said this in part 2 of his review of the microRrendu, "The ultra low noise bespoke design of this unit, a micro computer designed for audio only, has lead to some amazing listening experiences for me over the last several weeks. From the beautiful distortion of Hendrix to the simplistic vocals and whisper soft trumpet of Chet Baker, the microRendu enabled all the music to shine in its best light. I don't believe I've had a sonically better source connected to my system at any time."

Read the entire review here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/705-sonore-microrendu-review-part-2/

Congrats on the great review Jesus!   :thumb:

It is well earned and I feel the same way each time I listen to my system.

George

Ric Schultz

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.tweakaudio.com
« Reply #105 on: 12 Jun 2016, 07:15 am »
If I have a Windows computer and run HQplayer at DSD512 upsampling will the MR pass the DSD info without DOP?  I will be using a modded Gustard with the DIYinHK usb board that can accept DSD512.  This board will be hardwired into the PCI slot inside the Gustard where the current usb board is.

Link to usb board: http://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/107-xmos-dsd-dxd-768khz-high-quality-usb-to-i2sdsd-pcb.html#/xmos_option-xmos_768k_and_oled_0_96_pcb

vortecjr

• Facilitator

MrUnderhill

Sonore microRendu - USB to SPDIF
« Reply #107 on: 21 Jun 2016, 10:17 pm »
I have just bought a microRendu with the intention of using a USB-to-SPDIF converter to connect it to my Bel Canto 3.5 DAC.

As I already own an M2Tech HifaceI I intended to use this, but I have been told I need a HiFaceII.

Before I spend some money is this correct?
Any advice on other interfaces to consider?

Thanks,

M

beowulf

« Reply #108 on: 23 Jun 2016, 12:09 am »
Hey guys, I have a 2.1 channel system and I use if for both music and playback via JRiver.  Right now I'm using an inexpensive Asus Vivo PC with Windows 10 and JRiver for both music and videos via USB to my McIntosh D100 DAC.  I also use Netfilx, HBOGo, etc. for movie streaming via the Edge browser and the same setup.

(Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I did a search and didn't find an answer) ... but I'm wondering if using DLNA through JRiver it can playback movies, youtube videos, etc.?

(The audio portion anyways, not the video as that would be through my Asus VivoPC and JRiver, or a browser.)

Thanks!

vortecjr

• Facilitator
Re: Sonore microRendu - USB to SPDIF
« Reply #109 on: 23 Jun 2016, 12:54 am »
I have just bought a microRendu with the intention of using a USB-to-SPDIF converter to connect it to my Bel Canto 3.5 DAC.

As I already own an M2Tech HifaceI I intended to use this, but I have been told I need a HiFaceII.

Before I spend some money is this correct?
Any advice on other interfaces to consider?

Thanks,

M
The second version appears to be better, but both will work.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #110 on: 23 Jun 2016, 12:55 am »
Hey guys, I have a 2.1 channel system and I use if for both music and playback via JRiver.  Right now I'm using an inexpensive Asus Vivo PC with Windows 10 and JRiver for both music and videos via USB to my McIntosh D100 DAC.  I also use Netfilx, HBOGo, etc. for movie streaming via the Edge browser and the same setup.

(Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I did a search and didn't find an answer) ... but I'm wondering if using DLNA through JRiver it can playback movies, youtube videos, etc.?

(The audio portion anyways, not the video as that would be through my Asus VivoPC and JRiver, or a browser.)

Thanks!

The DLNA output may not support all the features of local playback. You might want to ask this question on the JRiver forum to be sure.

MrUnderhill

Re: Sonore microRendu - USB to SPDIF
« Reply #111 on: 23 Jun 2016, 03:16 pm »
The second version appears to be better, but both will work.

Thx Jesus,

I then realised that I have forgotten my Oppo 105D has a USB input, so I will have an interesting shootout. I will consider replacing the HiFace with the M2Tech EVO USB/SPDIF II in due course.

...should be an interesting few weeks!

M

kingdeezie

« Reply #112 on: 23 Jun 2016, 08:35 pm »
Anyone know the current lead time? I emailed the company a few days ago, but haven't heard back.

It says July preorders, but was looking for specifics if anyone is privy to that info.

Thanks

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #113 on: 30 Jun 2016, 12:36 pm »
July orders started shipping already. Tracking number will be provided to each customer...

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #114 on: 30 Jun 2016, 12:37 pm »
Michael Lavorgna just posted his review of the microRendu on AudioStream:   

http://www.audiostream.com/content/sonore-simple-design-microrendu#eKkxZCXGO1rQYISp.97

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #115 on: 30 Jun 2016, 01:55 pm »
Jesus, it seems you've nailed it with the microRendu using the KISS principle. Looks like an exciting new dimension is opening up within computer audio with products like this one, Roon and especially CD quality streaming. I suspect I'll be on that train in the coming months. Well done!

matthewpartrick

• thecluelessaudiophile.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #116 on: 20 Jul 2016, 02:29 pm »
Michael Lavorgna just posted his review of the microRendu on AudioStream:   

http://www.audiostream.com/content/sonore-simple-design-microrendu#eKkxZCXGO1rQYISp.97

Great review.  Re: his setup.  Am I understanding correctly that he has the NAS, router, microrendu, and server attached to the same network switch?  So he's not taking advantage of any wireless output?

MrUnderhill

Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #117 on: 24 Jul 2016, 01:48 pm »
Having been through a LOT of pain, that turned out to be COMPLETELY unrelated the the microRendu (mR), I have spent a number of days listening to my music using LMS into my Oppo 105D.

i had not realised how good the Oppo is, dynamic and detailed, the mR adds layers of texture, turning the result into real music.

Looking forward to trying a better PSU, SBOOSTER on order. I have also bought a Gustard U12 to try the mR with my Bel Canto 3.5vb DAC.

Thank you Jesus, superb piece of kit. I am amazed at the level of music that can be bought using the mR and an Oppo 105D! Bravo.

M

Marius

« Reply #118 on: 4 Aug 2016, 03:00 pm »
HI,

New to this forum, so please excuse me if I couldn't find what im about to ask...

Since I would like to compare the micro Rendu with my Bryston BDP1, I would mainly focus on MPD playback.
Below, stated is that MPD playback is intended for use with a usb drive. Does it need to be connected directly? Or can it also be a network drive (like on the NAS).
Does the MicroRendu support usb hubs, with several drives attached to it? (I've got my library on 4 drives now)

Is there a library size limit to the MicroRendu's specifications? My BDP1 struggles above 50-60K tracks, and even the BDP2 seems to be limited, albeit on a larger size of course.

Thanks!
Marius

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES
Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM and DSD/DoP.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with a SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. This option requires a USB drive with your content in combination with the built in Drive Mounter application.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

zybar

« Reply #119 on: 4 Aug 2016, 03:05 pm »
HI,

New to this forum, so please excuse me if I couldn't find what im about to ask...

Since I would like to compare the micro Rendu with my Bryston BDP1, I would mainly focus on MPD playback.
Below, stated is that MPD playback is intended for use with a usb drive. Does it need to be connected directly? Or can it also be a network drive (like on the NAS).
Does the MicroRendu support usb hubs, with several drives attached to it? (I've got my library on 4 drives now)

Is there a library size limit to the MicroRendu's specifications? My BDP1 struggles above 50-60K tracks, and even the BDP2 seems to be limited, albeit on a larger size of course.

Thanks!
Marius

Marius,

I have over 100k tracks and there are no issues.

i have used my microRendu with both Roon and JRiver.  In both cases I used a 32TB Synology NAS that has all of my music and movies.

I haven't tried MPAD.

George