Oops! Looks like I've created one Gallery anyway! Well, that's good!
Thank you all for the replies!
To answer a few questions:
- A local factory has cut and laminated the stone to aluminium for me. They use CNC water jet cutting for the shape, and a special system to be able to cut down to 6mm thin. There's no way I could cut a stone panel down to 6mm by hand. I glued the plywood and both front and back, made a frame and painted myself. The whole thing is very well damped, each composite cancelling the others resonances. Bass plays loud and there's hardly any vibration on the baffle.
- Yes, it is the 1772, not the more popular 1808 that most people use with OB. Reasons are: I had them, and the LF driver is an "extended" range, so I am able to XO as high as 500Hz if I wanted.
- As it stands now, XO is at 350Hz, using a miniDSP HD and a "transient perfect" Harsch type XO, which is a low pass filter for the woofer 4th order Butterworth, and a high pass filter on the FR 2nd order Bessel.
- The LF driver is a locally (Taiwan) made 15" driver. At the moment, it is a bit low at Qts 0.72, but I'm in talks with the factory to come up with a higher Qts driver. Should have some news in the coming weeks. Still, not bad as it is now, having -3dB at 39Hz.
- These are neither the white quartzite project nor the Hinoki project. Hinoki is wood only. That's next on my plate. The white quartzite sealed boxes have been dropped. I'm infatuated with OB at the moment, and that's where my energy will go.
I will have distortion measurements as soon as I set them up. I suspect that will be quite low.