Alfa Romeo Giulia

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Read 7066 times.

Emil

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #60 on: 18 Jul 2018, 03:22 pm »
I don't know what that Alfa sells for, but if it's over $100K, I would look here: https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-tesla-model-p-90/6628845663.html
Gas cars are becoming obsolete at an accelerating pace.

Oh, I wouldn't mind a Tesla myself :thumb:

Until there are recharging stations located in every gas station that can recharge a battery in say 5 minutes
we will always have gas powered vehicles.

Hybrid vehicles should be embraced and should be an option in more and more cars. It's a mature technology and one can travel without the worry of finding a charging station.

Et tu, Ferrari?

https://jalopnik.com/ferrari-says-that-a-hybrid-v8-is-coming-for-2019-will-1823706532

macrojack

  • Restricted
  • Posts: 3824
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #61 on: 18 Jul 2018, 03:39 pm »
I'm not sure about that!  :scratch:

Here's when electric cars will become acceptable. When I can pull into a battery station (not a gas station) and say, replace my battery!!!

Gene
It won't happen overnight but the announcements by GM, VW, Toyota, Volvo that they have determined to stop making gasoline powered vehicles by stated goal dates, pretty well casts the die. Many of you will surely want to hang out in denial about this inevitability but mass transit and electrically powered personal vehicles are the future of transportation. It would benefit you all to start thinking that way. Be the first on your block to part ways with fossil fuel. I intend to be that guy on my block.

The replacement battery station will probably spread pretty quickly once deep pocket investors see its time has come. The key to keeping dirty gas cars viable lies entirely in battery cost. When somebody is able to sell a versatile commuter car using battery power for under $25K, you can start making funeral arrangements for the ICE.

You gas car people are using candles when light bulbs are available.

Goosepond

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 1157
  • Virna!
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #62 on: 18 Jul 2018, 03:43 pm »
I intend to be that guy on my block.

You evidently intend to just stay in your neighborhood!  :green:

Gene

mcgsxr

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #63 on: 18 Jul 2018, 04:05 pm »
I won't be an early adopter for electric (else I would already own one I guess!) but for our local use cars I could see it in the next 5 years.

I only drive about 6-8K miles a year these days (more train and plane travel) so the vast majority of our trips are around town.  It could work.

My wife will likely retire in the next 5 years.  Once that happens, she could transition.

My only long term gas car will be whatever toy car I have at the time.  Until it becomes the Red Barchetta!

As for the Giulia, every time I see one I love it.  Until I think of maintaining it.

orientalexpress

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #64 on: 18 Jul 2018, 04:49 pm »
I'm not sure about that!  :scratch:

Here's when electric cars will become acceptable. When I can pull into a battery station (not a gas station) and say, replace my battery!!!

Gene
It's call Tesla service center  :D

Emil

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #65 on: 18 Jul 2018, 04:57 pm »
It's call Tesla service center  :D

Still not feasible

Goosepond

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 1157
  • Virna!
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #66 on: 18 Jul 2018, 07:53 pm »
It's call Tesla service center  :D

They must be awful fast!  :thumb:

Gene

Emil

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #67 on: 14 Feb 2019, 07:02 pm »

Time for a new car for the wife and with nothing better to do that day, went to my local Alfa dealer on a Saturday for a looksee.
I asked the salesperson about current lease programs but he insisted that before we speak,  I needed to take it out for a drive. Sure! Why not.
He asked me what I was driving now. I told him a Prius. He chuckled. Bastard! :lol:

I want this thing. Sure, I really have nothing to compare it to. I've never driven a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi before or even the latest Camaro or Mustang.

Maybe its my Italian heritage that's connecting with it.

yes, I've heard of the reliability issues as we've discussed earlier but the salesperson assured me that those were greatly exaggerated. He wouldn't lie would he? :lol:

Would the Alfa replace the Prius? No. This is for "the wife"....at least 80% of the time. The other 20% would be mine :thumb:

Still shaking with excitement, I sent these pics to the wife. "Nice "she says. "I want to look at the Mazda CT3. My friend has one."

I don't see things going my way   :cry:


 



 



Goosepond

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 1157
  • Virna!
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #68 on: 14 Feb 2019, 08:08 pm »
I'm still waiting to get my Austin Healey 3000! Maybe I should give up?  :green:

Gene

dolsey01

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #69 on: 15 Feb 2019, 04:00 pm »
Time for a new car for the wife and with nothing better to do that day, went to my local Alfa dealer on a Saturday for a looksee.
I asked the salesperson about current lease programs but he insisted that before we speak,  I needed to take it out for a drive. Sure! Why not.
He asked me what I was driving now. I told him a Prius. He chuckled. Bastard! :lol:

I want this thing. Sure, I really have nothing to compare it to. I've never driven a BMW, Mercedes, or Audi before or even the latest Camaro or Mustang.

Maybe its my Italian heritage that's connecting with it.

yes, I've heard of the reliability issues as we've discussed earlier but the salesperson assured me that those were greatly exaggerated. He wouldn't lie would he? :lol:

Would the Alfa replace the Prius? No. This is for "the wife"....at least 80% of the time. The other 20% would be mine :thumb:

Still shaking with excitement, I sent these pics to the wife. "Nice "she says. "I want to look at the Mazda CT3. My friend has one."

I don't see things going my way   :cry:


 



 


Check the lease hacker forums, I believe there were some serious lease deals at one point on these. 

stlrman

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #70 on: 15 Feb 2019, 08:31 pm »
From the outside, looks like a 3 series BMW
I’d say c300 is better looking on the outside, may have nicer interior.

abd1

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 196
    • DailyFrenchie
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #71 on: 15 Feb 2019, 09:09 pm »
I had a Stelvio SUV. We leased it and kept it 10 months. It was great to drive, when there wasn't traffic, which is never in Portland anymore. It was very herky jerky in traffic which drove my wife nuts, and it was her daily driver. However, after 2 recalls and a weird check engine situation where the throttle was cut to keep the car under 45mph, we decided to trade it and take a hit on it. We really want to love it, and it was much better driving than the others we previously had (2015 X3 and Q5). We also drove the GLC300. However, the dealer was also difficult to get a loaner despite the promises of getting one whenever we needed service. The problem was they had 1-2 techs and no one had experience fixing these since they're new. When the recalls came they didn't have enough loaners. I was able to get them to loan me a Giulia for a week and it was a blast to drive. Best sedan I've driven, also compared to Audi, BMW, Mercedes, in terms of dynamics and fun. Quality, not so much. If I were looking for a sport sedan I'd be looking at the Genesis G70. I've had 2 Kia's, currently leasing a Sorrento SX, and I'm really impressed with the quality (I know, hard to believe). I'd say the interiors are better than BMW, but still behind Audi and Mercedes, but not by much. Anyway, just my $.02.

jhm731

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #72 on: 15 Feb 2019, 10:04 pm »
For what it's worth, just got my new issue of Consumer Reports.

They have the Giulia listed in the luxury compact car group.

On their rating scale, they give it a 78 (low marks for value and audio).

Top car in that group is the Tesla Model 3, with a rating of 92, followed by the Kia Stinger at 87.

Percheron

  • Jr. Member
  • Posts: 8
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #73 on: 16 Feb 2019, 12:04 am »
I have a 2018 Stelvio Sport, it’s the base model, not too many bells and whistles and I love it. Compared to my 2008 wrangler rubicon it’s huge leap in technology and comfort. It hasn’t been problem free, a couple of issues with water getting into the door wiring harness and causing the windows to act funky. It was fixed.  It’s red, Italian and fun! I have a 60 mile one-way commute, I do about 20k miles a year, we’ll see how it holds up.
I bought it from Tacoma Fiat/ Alfa Romeo

Buy one, just be prepared, they’re not for everyone.

Emil

Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #74 on: 10 Mar 2019, 12:36 pm »

ctviggen

  • Full Member
  • Posts: 5112
Re: Alfa Romeo Giulia
« Reply #75 on: 10 Mar 2019, 02:43 pm »
The new F-type is savage :D
but also really you can have more fun with a lowly miata :d

I always thought a Miata would be fun (if completely impractical), although they've gotten up there in price. If I add in what I want, it'd be over 35k MSRP.