Joined the club today

syzygy

Joined the club today
« on: 6 Apr 2016, 03:58 pm »
Drove up to Cleveland and back this morning before work to pick up a lovely pair of Super 3T desktop speakers w/ ebony veneer. I can't wait to hook 'em up to my Scott 222c amp this evening. They will be placed on my 3' x 6' drafting table and will replace a pair of B&W 601's that I have enjoyed thus far. :D

seikosha

Re: Joined the club today
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2016, 04:09 pm »
Those 3T's should be a good match with the Scott.  Let us know how they sound and compare to the B&W's when you get them set up.

Brad

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2016, 04:14 pm »
Should be a great match!

I used Omega bookshelves, driven by my Scott 222c, for a long time

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2016, 04:39 pm »
Hey Now,

I really enjoy my Super 3Ts. Juiced by a Super Zen  :green:. Enjoy.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2016, 12:34 am »
Hi syzygy,

Great news and the pairing should be excellent. I have a Scott 296 and sounds great with all my speakers.

Thanks,
Louis

syzygy

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2016, 12:07 pm »
I purchased these speakers (Super 3T Desktop), intrigued by reviews from owners and pros, in an attempt to improve my desktop/nearfield experience. I was about to pull the trigger on a new pair with the base finish when a mint pair with the Level 3 Ebony finish for the same price popped up a couple of hours away (sorry, Louis). Some observations after a week of listening:
 Playing live Charlie Parker last night I absolutely had the feeling of being at a front table in a small club.
 I'm hearing riffs and nuances never before noticed in all types of music that I have been playing for years.
 Getting work done is a bit difficult when the music is immersive, rather than being in the background.
 These are amazing speakers.

Louis O

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2016, 01:23 am »
Hi syzygy,

Fantastic news and many thanks for sharing. No worry at all and you got a great set in Ebony. I would have jumped on a real ebony set of desktop's myself.

Even better is how much you like the speakers. I'm so happy to read your observations and how involving your Desktop's and system is.

Thanks again,
Louis

Dmason

« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2016, 02:09 am »
I used a similar Fisher integrated PP EL84 with my Omega Hemp 8, and got happily stuck right there for a long time, and the result was nothing short of fabulous. Later I sold a colleague on the idea of the Super 3 floor models. Those things were even more alive when used with the Fisher. Single ended or push pull, Omega speakers go insanely well with EL84 amps, as discussed so many times, here.

I sold him the Fisher, to go with the Super 3 floor model, which he is thrilled with, lo these many years.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #8 on: 15 Apr 2016, 05:02 pm »
Welcome back to AC Dan!  :thumb:

Lin

Dmason

« Reply #9 on: 15 Apr 2016, 06:47 pm »
thanks Lin  -- just had to chime in. This fellow is in for a nice surprise. Just had to say my bit about those speakers, with those amps.

Mortsnets

« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2016, 04:53 am »
I just joined: used Super 3XRS RS5s that I'm running with Musical Paradise 6v6SE or Don Allen EL84SE.  My wife who doesn't take much notice of hifi said: "It sounds like we are in the club with him" while listening to Townes Van Zandt Live at the Old Quarter.

I never quite believed all the praise owners heaped on Omega.  I had this stereotype in my head that high efficiency single driver speakers had to be shouty and suck at both frequency extremes.  Now I am the fanatical 'phile who no one who hasn't heard them will believe.

Louis O

« Reply #11 on: 24 Apr 2016, 02:00 am »
Hi Dan,

Thanks and welcome back. Great to hear about your friends Super 3's and always great with EL-84's. I've been working on the new 8" driver for a long time and looks like they are production ready now. More next week with driver pictures.

Hi Mortsnets,

Thanks and welcome to Omega. Thanks for your great post.  The Super 3 XRS's have been around longer than any of the other models and the RS5 version is the best yet. Your amps are great match too.

The single driver stereotype been around a long time which pushed me to developing my own drivers. It's been over ten years now.

Thanks again,
Louis