Advice for UK resident

chuckie

Advice for UK resident
« on: 31 Oct 2004, 01:56 pm »
I have been impressed about everything I have read about VMPS products. I am considering purchasing fully loaded RM30Ms. This is based on research and unfortunately not from hearing any VMPS products as there are no dealers in the UK. I think the closest dealer is in Croatia.

I had initially considered the RM40s until I discovered the 30s. I won't have the opportunity to crank them up often so my primary concern is for great sound quality without having to have the perfect listening room, equipment, etc.

I would appreciate any advice as I am basing my choice on what I read and not what I can hear and from dealers willing to ship to the UK.

Cheers

John Casler

Re: Advice for UK resident
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2004, 06:57 pm »
Quote from: chuckie
I have been impressed about everything I have read about VMPS products. I am considering purchasing fully loaded RM30Ms. This is based on research and unfortunately not from hearing any VMPS products as there are no dealers in the UK. I think the closest dealer is in Croatia.

I had initially considered the RM40s until I discovered the 30s. I won't have the opportunity to crank them up often so my primary concern is for great sound quality without having to have the perfect listening room, equipment, etc. ...

Hi Chuckie,

I have to say that the RM30 is a good selection.  Strangely enough VMPS hasn't focused on WorldWide Marketing and "DO" I see that in the future.

Either Brian or VMPS Europe (Dubravko) can fill in the blanks about who or what dealer can provide speakers to you.

But to answer your questions about the RM30, they "sound" (excuse the pun) like a perfect match for your situation.

While they will play exceptionally loud, they also have the quality of having extremely good "low SPL" resolution and clarity.

Their "tunabilty" allows you to tune them for the volume level that is best for you.

RM30s in a rather nearfeild listening set up can offer incredibly accurate sonic enjoyment limited only by the electronics and their capability.  Nearfeild will help take the untreated room further out of the equation.

chuckie

Advice for UK resident
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2004, 08:29 pm »
Thanks for the info John.

I contacted Dubravko a while back about the RM40's. The I discovered the RM30's which were not listed on the VMPS sites. Shipping estimate was 600 euros. Hopefully it will be less for the 30's.

Would you recommend the TRT dynacaps? Too bad there is not a special edition package, or is there?

Note to Brian - I would be happy to produce a new site  for you gratis.

Cheers,

dubravko

Advice for UK resident
« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2004, 03:24 am »
Hello Chuck,
there is RM30 page at our website for some time now. You can find it at
http://www.vmpseurope.com/e/p-rm30.htm or among other links at Products page.

Shipping for RM30 can be estimated at some 400 to 650 US$ for air cargo. These rates change often, and there are many items that form complete shipping expense. However, we use reliable partners and shipping can be paid collect so you can be sure you don't pay anything unnecessary.

As for options, as once said by Brian "best bang for buck are Auricaps + Megawoofers". One should hear at least once some reference VMPS setup with standard capacitors. Recently I listened to one system with FST RM40, everything else standard and no recent tweaks at all. Sound quality was beyond what I thought possible for RM40 and I heard those speakers in a number of systems and environments. However, room, speaker positioning, seating and electronics were first rate quality.

Have you received printed brochure?

Dubravko

ARAM

GOOD CHOICE
« Reply #4 on: 3 Nov 2004, 02:03 am »
Good  choice  Chuckie
The   speaker  might  cost  you  almost  £ 3000  at the  end  but  for  that  price  you  can't  get  something  better  in  the  UK..

John Casler

Advice for UK resident
« Reply #5 on: 3 Nov 2004, 09:52 pm »
Thanks for the info John.

I contacted Dubravko a while back about the RM40's. The I discovered the RM30's which were not listed on the VMPS sites. Shipping estimate was 600 euros. Hopefully it will be less for the 30's.

Would you recommend the TRT dynacaps? Too bad there is not a special edition package, or is there?

Note to Brian - I would be happy to produce a new site  for you gratis.

Cheers,

Chuckie,

Dubravko will take great care of you and I concur with his suggestion of Auric Caps and MegaWoofs to get the best value.  If you can swing it TRTs are icing on the cake.

The Brian Cheney Signature Editions are currently only set up for the MLS cabinet speakers.

Do keep us abreast of what you end up with, and visit the Circle and maybe even send us some photos, once your up and operating  :mrgreen:

And you might want to e-mail me or Brian privately with your "website" talents.

chuckie

Advice for UK resident
« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2004, 07:28 pm »
Thanks to Dubravko (VMPSEurope) I have a pair of RM40's. He let me know that there were a pair available in the UK and I bought them up and they were delivered today.

They sound brilliant. I'll post again soon after I have listed to them a bit and will send a pic or two.

Chuckie

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Advice for UK resident
« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2004, 07:36 pm »
Chuckie,

I am assuming by "brilliant," you mean "fantastic" and not "overly bright!" :mrgreen: Congrats!

John Casler

Advice for UK resident
« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2004, 08:38 pm »
Thanks to Dubravko (VMPSEurope) I have a pair of RM40's. He let me know that there were a pair available in the UK and I bought them up and they were delivered today.

They sound brilliant. I'll post again soon after I have listed to them a bit and will send a pic or two.

Chuckie

Yes, Congratualtions and "Welcome" to the Club.