RIP: George Martin (Parlaphone and Apple Records) and Keith Emerson (ELP)

sturgus

I would like to check things out if there is room.
Sturgus

electricbear

Wish I could make it. It sounds like a fun event. I could've brought this little beauty.

Busekrus

Yep all vinyl.  I have been building my collection again over the past couple of years.  I usually on play CD's in my car or small system in living room upstairs.

mjmsound

I'll try to be there. Nice table Tim!

BaronKyle

• The more I see, the less I know for sure.
I wish I could make April 10.  I will be driving home from Iowa City Mission Creek Music Festival.

It's a birthday week.

Many great concerts around the corner in Saint Louis.

Paul Simon in June is a must see.

BaronKyle

• The more I see, the less I know for sure.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
  • VPE Aerospace Consulting, LLC - LDW Model 1
Gents, bring what you've got.  Vinyl is good - I've got three nice turntables to spin, and a Nitty-Gritty machine to clean your records.  I MAY also have a new Koetsu Urushi MC to audition.

CD's, Blu-rays, USB sticks, etc. are also welcome.

I've also got plenty of room, (and beer).  We can set up any equipment you want to show in my mancave.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
Wish I could make it. It sounds like a fun event. I could've brought this little beauty.

Tim, my oh my, what a huge spinning machine !  Clearaudio ?  I thought you were going more basic ?  electrocompaniet, etc.  You'll need a couple big cases to get that thing on SWA, to get back home to STL !  We miss you.

michaelhigh

Personally, as long as it  isn't Himalayan nose singing I'm OK.

electricbear

I wish it did belong to me but a $30K table is not in my near future. I was setting it up for a client. For test purposes we put on a Lyra Kleos . When we get it to the clients home we will be pulling off the Kleos and adding an Etna.

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
Personally, as long as it  isn't Himalayan nose singing I'm OK.

No Himalayan's - promise. 

I've got two Scotish Terriers that howl like the Hounds of Baskerville whenever a police car or an ambulance siren comes within 5 miles of the house.  Just a riot, but I'm sure the neighbors are not amused.  (They have a dog door, fortunately).

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
Gent's,

The magical Koetsu Urushi has arrived.  I will mount it this weekend and try to get some run-in time before our gathering of the tribe.

Cheers, Binger

dcbingaman

• Industry Participant
The Koetsu Urushi is mounted and ready to ride.  It sounds very, very good.  I compared it to my Miyajima Shilabe, (which is no slouch), and was surprised at how much more dynamic and layered the Koetsu sounds.  Bowie's "China Girl" never sounded better.  The last one I had, an original Sugano Black, was the same way.  If you haven't heard one of these, you are in for a real treat next Sunday. 

I will have a table and a power strip available if anyone wants to bring something to show.  The home theater is pretty full, but I have a man-cave adjacent to it with plenty of space.

vhiner

Don,

Count me in! Can't wait to hear the Vandees.

Vance

JohnH12

• John H
I'd like to drop by.  I've got a stand mount speaker to demo with moderate sensitivity. 

If there was interest I could also bring a PA top with about 90 dB sensitivity.

John H

mjmsound

Looks like I'm not going to make it. Something else came up. I really wanted to check out the Sonos.

jseipp

Bob (in St. Louis) gave me a heads up on the gathering.  I can't be sure that I can make it, but I would sure like to meet some of you fine folks if I am able and there if there is room. If things look good, I'll PM someone for directions.

Thanks!!

John

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Wish I could make it but pretty sure Sue has something planned.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Haven't seen you in years Bryan. Looking forward to shaking your hand again one of these days.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Yeah - work and life get in the way sometimes.  I still need to check with Sue and see what she has going on.  I'm also getting ready to go to AXPONA in Chicago next week.