SOLD! - B&W Matrix 805 bookshelf speaker (walnut veneer)

edwyun

For your consideration is a matched pair of walnut veneered B&W Matrix 805 bookshelf speakers (numbers 21689 and 21690). They are still highly regarded as a bookshelf speaker. The Stereophile review (available online if you search) is a good read as to the speakers. Some even prefer them to B&W diamond 805 speakers because the latter have a too prominent top end.

These were used for over a decade as surround speakers in my home theater setup, but I no longer view/listen to movies as much so my amp (in another ad) and these speakers are up for sale. They sound great but didn't get much use recently. They have matched veneers. Tweeters and the kevlar cones are perfect. Grills are perfect. If you want a set of black colored grills, I have them as well (at additional cost). They are also perfect.  The speakers can be used horizontally or vertically.

From the manual:
- Frequency response:  42Hz (-6dB) to 22kHz, with the range 60Hz to 20kHz within +/- 2dB
(NOTE - with the B&W Bass Alignment Filter that you can find separately:  31Hz (-6dB) to 22 kHz, with the range 36Hz to 20kHz within +/- 2dB).

- Sensitivity:  87dB/SPL.
- Nominal impedance:  8 Ohms.
- Suitable for amps rated between 50W to 120W.
- Comes with the manual, the all important frequency graphs of the speakers from the factory, and original box.

MSRP was $1600 USD in the 1990s.  Asking $900 plus actual shipping, OBO.  I will pick up the Paypal fees.  Paypal only and shipping only to CONUS.  About 55 lbs and ships from 07068.

I hope they go to a good home.

« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2016, 08:35 pm by edwyun »

edwyun

Re: SOLD! - B&W Matrix 805 bookshelf speaker (walnut veneer)
« Reply #1 on: 1 Apr 2016, 08:36 pm »
These have sold.  Thank you.