What is the best 10" woofer for an OB speaker

gab

Re: What is the best 10" woofer for an OB speaker
« Reply #40 on: 6 May 2016, 07:00 pm »
Well you guys have obviously never listened to an LX521 with two of these 10" drivers per side. Or spent much time reading the technical info on Linkwitz's site. To each his own.

gab

gils

« Reply #41 on: 6 May 2016, 08:52 pm »
 :)

Yes ,

listen at 123 db on seas :)

https://youtu.be/ho9rZjlsyYY

thanks

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

gils

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #44 on: 6 May 2016, 10:08 pm »
:thumb:

yeah !!!

it's no seas !!  :lol: :lol:
Surprising these speakers were pro-audio Peavey, as showed in other video.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #45 on: 6 May 2016, 10:08 pm »
Well you guys have obviously never listened to an LX521 with two of these 10" drivers per side. Or spent much time reading the technical info on Linkwitz's site. To each his own.

gab

I have.  The SL solution involves multiple amps and lost of EQ.  I think the OP is not really interested in going down that path.  Linkwitz makes those drivers work, but it would be so much easier if he simply selected a driver better suited to OB applications in the first place. 

gils

« Reply #46 on: 6 May 2016, 10:29 pm »
 :lol:

Poltergeist for me   :icon_lol: no 1000 w

https://youtu.be/0Pvv9F1IPLU

gils

« Reply #47 on: 6 May 2016, 10:48 pm »
I have.  The SL solution involves multiple amps and lost of EQ.  I think the OP is not really interested in going down that path.  Linkwitz makes those drivers work, but it would be so much easier if he simply selected a driver better suited to OB applications in the first place.

yes :)

lowtech

« Reply #48 on: 7 May 2016, 02:20 am »
The SL solution involves multiple amps and lost of EQ.

The woofer section of the LX521 requires one amp per driver, just like any other subwoofer.  It also uses a LW transform, which is used for most every subwoofer I'm familiar with.

I think the OP is not really interested in going down that path.

You are probably correct.  "Wild Borro Betsy" drivers.  No further comment required.

Linkwitz makes those drivers work, but it would be so much easier if he simply selected a driver better suited to OB applications in the first place.

Considering he's had Seas manufacture drivers for him to his specs, he's probably using a woofer that's pretty suitable for his intended application.  Or, perhaps you know something he doesn't.