Yet another project

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: Yet another project
« Reply #40 on: 30 Mar 2016, 05:53 pm »
+1

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #41 on: 30 Mar 2016, 11:55 pm »
I know that you're doing all of this yourself but have you looked into a way to turn this into a viable commercial enterprise in your old dufferage? 

Jazzman53

• Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
    • Jazzman's Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page
« Reply #42 on: 31 Mar 2016, 12:29 pm »
I know that you're doing all of this yourself but have you looked into a way to turn this into a viable commercial enterprise in your old dufferage?

I've thought about it, and my GF is pushing me in that direction, but a part of me says it just wouldn't be fun anymore if I had to do it for a living.  Besides, I'd have to make a lot of compromises (like the major players have to) to make them commercially viable. 

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #43 on: 31 Mar 2016, 05:28 pm »
I've thought about it, and my GF is pushing me in that direction, but a part of me says it just wouldn't be fun anymore if I had to do it for a living.  Besides, I'd have to make a lot of compromises (like the major players have to) to make them commercially viable.

I think you are spot on about it not being fun anymore if you did it for a living. making a pair every once in a while and selling them to someone that appreciates what you do would probably be a lot more fun.

They really do look nice, let us know how they sound once you get them all set up.